The assault command?

How do I use it effectively? If I assault the troops get tired very fast, but it is impossible to give them a "run" command for the first 100m and then changing into an assault command without stopping.

How do you use it? Or do you?

Well, you don't assault 100 metres. Neither do you run that distance under fire. It's a BATTLEfield, not track and field! ;) You just got to get closer first. Assaulting works for me best in covered terrain when I want to be sure that my infantry don't break under fire. But usually I use other methods, because assaulting gets your men killed easily and uses up most of their ammo.

Sven,

i understand and use assault to attack enemy infantry over short distances (up to 50 m; depends on the enemy fire). Or positions where i expect infantry.

I.e. taking a house.

And the best thing is, the open terrain they have to cross can be under fire and they don't break.

On the other hand: if the enemy fire is heavy, they can melt like snow in the sun. :mad:

You might want to try "advance". It is a little less effective but not so exhausting on the troops I find. Save the "assault" for situations like the folks have mentioned above.

Oh, and don't forget to leave a squad or two behind to give some suppressing fire. Even better if you have a MG or some Mortars for support.

Cheers,