Can pbem players cheat?

Hello, I just finished playing a guy a brand new scenario, that both of us never played before. What I found strange was that my opponent seemed to know every move I made, he even knew where I had hidden soldiers. He was very lucky or just a dam good player. I was wondering if its possible for pbem games to be cheated on.

Originally posted by Rudy:

Hello, I just finished playing a guy a brand new scenario, that both of us never played before. What I found strange was that my opponent seemed to know every move I made, he even knew where I had hidden soldiers. He was very lucky or just a dam good player. I was wondering if its possible for pbem games to be cheated on.

He's most probaby running the files through ultra.exe. Best alter your enigma preference settings ;)

I assume you have an unique password. It's likely that your opponent fell to the dark side for a moment and took a sneak peek at your force composition and likely troop locations by booting up the scenario with your side.
C'mon. Theere's nothing wrong with peeking at the scenario editor UNLESS both sides agree beforehand to play blind. AFAIK, these are the Queensbury rules.

Also, why did he leave his guys in the default setup position?? That's just lazy.

First off, yea, you should agree on blind or not at the start. But since a scenario can only be played blind once -- the first time -- why not do it that way? It is the most realistic and the most challenging. It annoys the hell outta me when someone agrees to play blind and then peeks. You can usually tell and can usually tactfully ask things that will confirm it. So if you find you have a different view on this, then you know to skip playing the guy in the future and not worry about it further.