infantry smoke

I'm not really sure how common smoke grenades really were for infantry platoons, but my guess is that they were far less common than they are today. I do know that the Germans did have some sort of smoke grenade (Nebelhandgranate), so I suppose that such things did exist. Tanks of course have their own smoke dischargers sometimes, but other than that I think that most smokescreens were provided either via direct or indirect fire artillery.

Designer’s Note: Infantry smoke grenades, a source of smoke commonly found in other WWII games is not available in CMBB. Our research shows little credible evidence that this type of smoke was used regularly at the squad level in WWII for tactical purposes. Instead, it appears to have been used

for signalling mostly, and we have therefore decided to exclude it from CMBB to prevent its potential unrealistic overuse.

CMBB manual page 18 (on the pdf anyway).

BTW laze and blaze

The answer above was a direct quote of stickypix's post to the same question raised same time last year. A search under "smoke grenades" throws up 5 threads and this was the first one I looked at.

A lot of questions will have been asked about virtually everything in CMBB and though you can start a new thread you are better off doing a search first. The reason being that most important topics will have a long thread with lots of information in them. The chances of getting the same quality post now is probably diminished simply as a large portion of the regular board no longer hash and re-hash the same topics when they could be playing : ) - and think they know the answer ....

Right, it seems like when smoke is an intrinsic part of unit functionality (smoke dischargers on tanks, for example) then that stuff is taken care of automatically by the engine. In short, there is no "Smoke" order for infantry as there is for tanks and guns with smoke shells, which are denoted by "S" in each units ammo counter.

CM infantry units do not have smoke, they cannot deploy smoke, they are dependent on outside sources for smoke, Artilery and mortars can lay smoke for infantry, but infantry units do not have smoke,,,,,,,,

Am i over stating the obvious?

YY YY EEEEEEE SSSS

Y Y EE SS

YY EEEEE SSSSSS

YY EE SS

YY EE SS

YY EEEEEEE SSSSSS

ok so i'm being a pest