HELP! Need someone with a VERIFIED PayPal address in the US to help me out…

My “International unverified PayPal address” dilemma:

I have bought on ebay 2 new Motorola 2-way UHF radios, but the seller there only wants to freight to a verified address (PayPal) within the US. The seller is living in 2022 Denison St., Baltimore, MD, 21216. The seller though is happy if I Paypal a person (preferably living close to MD, but that doesn’t matter really, as he charges $15 via UPS Ground to anywhere in the USA) in the USA, whom in turn will PayPal the monies from his verified address account to the ebay seller.

I will ask the receiver of the goods to freight the goods to me in South Africa. Naturally, I’ll PayPal all the item costs + the $15 ground freight to the receiver, as well as the on-farwarding costs/packaging to my address in Stellenbosch, South Africa via US Postal Services.

Anyone on this kind forum willing to help out a CMBB friend? E-mail me at WineCape@global.co.za - I’m ready to pay the monies over within 24 hours via my PayPal account.

Geez, sorry gentlemen, this sounds like some financial pyramid scheme! Full details will be provided via e-mail to a trustworthy applicant :D

PS: I’ll also PayPal the receiver and extra amount for buying me (via online web stores that I’ll provide) a third radio (same model), all 3 radio’s to be freighted at the same time to me. Total US$ costs of 3 radios about $620-00. ($365-00 for the 2 ebay radios and $250 additional for going on a shopping spree with my money! smile.gif Naturally, all and every cost incurred will be immediately re-imbursed by me via my PayPal account beforehand

Sorry Matt, way off-topic, I know. However, I need these radio’s for my Dad’s XMAS hunting present, they are unobtainable here in South Africa, and I’m stuck and the only AMERICANS I know are on this helpful bulletin board... smile.gif

Sincerely

Charl Theron

logo.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

[ May 08, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Did I mention 6 bottles of very good wine from South Africa as compensation for these "troubles," delivered to your door. If you live in a dry state, I'm happy to PayPal you extra monies just for the effort.

[ November 21, 2002, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Why, this looks like a job for...The Peng Challenge Thread!

Quick, Lassie, let's take the South African buggers request off to the Land of the Weird!

Sir, I will be for ever greatful if the Pengers in the USA can help me. Come to think of it, if I do not hear from 1 other contact living in Colorado within the next few hours, I just might have to sponsor Peng Thread with a wine competition of their own, apart from the 6 bottles wine to the helpful candidate.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

[ May 08, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Sod the wine, bugger the fact that he's bloody foreign, is there nae Peng Challenge member who can help this daft South African git (who's always been rather an humourous fellow)?

I'd do it meself, but I've no PayPal account, plus I'm an idjit, and I'm not a responsible individual, and I have absolutely no idea as to what's going on.

Except, it seems, that the bugger needs the means to provide radio communications so that someone can kill some sort of animal...we can only hope it's not endangered.

C'mon, then, lads? How many times can you just look the other way?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Except, it seems, that the bugger needs the means to provide radio communications so that someone can kill some sort of animal...we can only hope it's not endangered.

You crusade for my dad's pleasure is very kind sir! smile.gif

The 2-way radio’s is a XMAS gift for my brother and father, both big-game hunting fanatics for the past 23 years (they hunt in Namibia near Gobabis and Tsumeb: Their specialty = lion, buffalo, giraffe, kudu, Oryx (aka gems buck here), cheetah, elephant – when the game rangers need culling in the Etosha National Game Reserve – as well as warthog during the in-season.

Most of their time wastage during their June-July hunting trip each year is because of non-communication in the open, flattish, bushy terrain (mobile phones = no reception btw) when they get separated from one another with their respective hunting parties. My father, who was employed by the Anglo-American diamond company “De Beers” in Oranjemund, Namibia (60’s to late 80’s) are used to the Motorola’s and have always had a high regard for these 2-way radio’s. Much like the old Volvo car buyers of the late 60/70’s I suppose :D

[ November 21, 2002, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Lars, much obliged! I'll e-mail you with all the specifics ASAP.

The fact that these animal species are endangered in the Rest of the World, does not mean they are yet in Namibia tongue.gif We get hordes of American wildlife hunters every year in Namibia trying their hand at the "Big Five" during the in-season, where most farms there offer these services as part of their culling program.

My work here is done.

Let's Ride!

And sod you, you sport hunting bastards!

I kill the bloody animals, and I don't even eat them!

I certainly don't mount them, as Lars does. Christ, the number of court cases waiting on his 'Freedom of Religion' challenge to the 'The State forbids anyone from having carnal knowledge of a dead animal' law are beyond merely legendary.

They involve cousins.

Winecape, you daft bugger. No need to thank me. Doubtless other Cesspoolers will stop by shortly to make your life a ribald nightmare of 'Who's On First, Where's the Wine, Then, You South African Bastard'.

Dear Raving Rabies,

Rest assured that if all works out with Lars, he will receive his wine as well as the sponsering of a Peng Challenge Wine Tourney - heaven forbid the the carnage - details coming soon.

Lars, details are being typed now and will be e-mailed off shortly to you. All you have to do is onforward my PayPal monies (if you have a "Personal" PayPal account and not a "Business/Premier" account, the PayPal receiving costs are free) to the ebay seller. As long as your PayPal account has a VERIFIED address for the ebay seller to accept, then we're in business.

If you do have a Business/Premier PayPal account, I will naturally refund you the 1% surcharge on our international PayPal transaction.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

Rest assured that if all works out with Lars, he will receive his wine as well as the sponsering of a Peng Challenge Wine Tourney - heaven forbid the the carnage - details coming soon.
Look you lad, the Peng Challenge Thread is anti-tourney and don't you forget about it. Furthermore you should be aware that both Lars and Seanachai are from Minnesota and we all KNOW what that means don't we.

Joe

p.s. dalem too ... and Papa Khann while we're at it.

p.p.s. Does this whole thing strike anyone else as familiar? Hi, I'm the Prime Minister of Great Britain and find ourself in need of a reliable partner in the US of A for a mutually beneficial financial arrangement. Our Prince of Whales has put all of the Crown Jewels into hock and we can't get them out without US of A currency. Please send me your bank account numbers and I will wire English Pounds totalling $543,543,543.54 into your account. You will then wire back the .54 and keep the rest. We all win, hip hip horrary. Yours truly, Maggie Thatcher.

Joe,

I take your gist as, well ... what it is: A Peng Thread name smear campaign smile.gif Seriously, using PayPal is the most secure way of sending monies via e-mail, without me ever finding out the credit card/bank details of the receiver. See here, 20 million users can't be wrong!

Cheers!

[ November 21, 2002, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Lars, wake up bump. smile.gif

My details have been send to your e-mail in your profile. I see "hunting" is one of your hobbies, as well as "drinking." It seems Seanachai have trolled well in the Cesspool to found a well adjusted individual...

What is the time difference Minnesota/South Africa anyway. South Africa is GMT+2, so it should be at least GMT-6 (8 hour difference) now, which means about 7-ish in the morning in the your state.

Let me now if you've received my e-mail, send 3 hours ago. Thanks again for the offered help.

--Charl

Originally posted by WineCape:

Joe,

I take your gist as, well ... what it is: A Peng Thread name smear campaign smile.gif Seriously, using PayPal is the most secure way of sending monies via e-mail, without me ever finding out the credit card/bank details of the receiver. See here, 20 million users can't be wrong!

Cheers!

HAH! Like I'm going to believe you! Anyone who would trust a CessPooler to handle a financial transaction isn't to be trusted, that's what I always say!

Joe

Now you've got me worried - but... Alas! Lars seems to be a WELL ADJUSTED 'pooler as spelled out in his profile. That makes the diffrence. :D

And if he's from the same state as Seanachai, I have no worries. We don't want the latter to visit Lars at home, do we?

[ November 21, 2002, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Now you've got me worried - but... Alas! Lars seems to be a WELL ADJUSTED 'pooler as spelled out in his profile.

Well adjusted 'Pooler? An oxymoron if I ever saw one. In Lars' case also just a moron.

A fox-piss covered, deerless moron to be specific.

[ November 21, 2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Marlow ]

Lars, wake up bump. smile.gif

My details have been send to your e-mail in your profile. I see "hunting" is one of your hobbies, as well as "drinking." It seems Seanachai have trolled well in the Cesspool to found a well adjusted individual...

What is the time difference Minnesota/South Africa anyway. South Africa is GMT+2, so it should be at least GMT-6 (8 hour difference) now, which means about 7-ish in the morning in the your state.

Let me now if you've received my e-mail, send 3 hours ago. Thanks again for the offered help.

--Charl

Yep, just awoke, got it and replied. We're an hour behind the time stamp here. The ball is rolling now.

I knew this would annoy the hell out of Seanachai.

Looking forward to the wine so I can invite him over and drink it in front of him.

Way better than a postcard

UPDATE REPORT:

Well, Seanachai, you might be a self-proclaimed idjit, but you're a USEFUL IDJIT.

After some Swiss banking practices by yours truly, I'm happy to report that the radios are on their way to Lars in Minnesota, to be re-diverted to good 'ol South Africa, where some animal "Big Five" species will get whacked soon with the help of these radios. Thanks gentlemen!

[ November 23, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update to this "happy ever after" saga...

The radios pitched up today, 17/12, at my local post office. Picked it up - all was brilliantly packed by friend Lars and in good shape, with no customs hassle whatsoever! Thanks so much Lars. I kindly thank all that was involved and who offered their help, in particular the gentleman whom I have now put in my signature below for his .... wit. There, I've said it. Pengville is useful after all.

My thanks to MadMatt for putting up with all this rubbish on this forum.

BTW, Lawyer Joe, the Queen mom is about to send some jewels to Lars for his efforts, and yes, he is keeping the 0.54 cents for his effort! :D

Lars, I'll be e-mailing my selection of wines this week that I think falls within your Italian favourite spectrum. Back on my feet after some SUMMER flu.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

I have never read a review that made me less sure of humanity's ability to finish out the decade, let alone the next millenium.

Obviously this 'Reviewer' [of CMBB] is capable of using a computer, and even finding employment (or at least the right to display their almost inspired lack of intelligence under the auspices of an organization), but it's equally clear that they're both incapable, and unashamed of their inability, to actually come to grips with something that requires more intelligent focus and mental participation than an arcade game. On this planet thousands are daily made homeless, crippled, and even killed in pointless and heart-rending incidents of political, ethnic and religious conflict. If any such incident had managed to whack this reviewer, we'd have to consider it worth the anguishSeanachai, CMBB Forum, 10/12/2002.

[ May 08, 2003, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

• 4 months later...