What to do with a damaged vehicle in an operation?

I'm presently in battle 2 of a 10 battle operation. It's early in the battle and I have a Panther with a damaged gun. What's the best thing to do, hide it till the end of the battle or exit it off the map? The manual says that exited units don't return later as reinforcements, but does that apply to damaged vehicles as well? :confused:

Keep it at the back of the battle field as depending on the repairs parameters, it will possibly come back in a later battle with an oil change. Abondoned vehicles can also come back as long as the crews are kept safe.

So it's in your interests to make sure you knock-out* your opponents tanks to stop then returning to haunt you.

* abandoned vehicles are still targetable to squads and other units

They can in CMAK - not sure about BB - I played an op in AK where my gun crews weer captured - the guns abandoned, but I recaptured the crews (vs Para's on Crete - very messy in the early stages!!) - the crews that I recaptured remaned their guns for the next battle!

I played a CMBB operation, where my two Pak40s were abandoned, then remanned for the next battle. This happened three times for one gun, but only twice for the other. Eventually the guns got knocked out, but as long as I had the crew and enemy didn't overrun the abandoned gun-- the guns kept coming back. Anyway, just my experience.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

Abandoned, but not knocked out, guns can be repaired and bought back to the battle if the crew survive.

Are you sure about this? I just checked the manual, and it doesn't say anything about guns, only vehicles. </font>