Any plans for a CMBB campaign?

I was thinking that CM would be the perfect environment for a campaing, say at company level. Taking a company through several battles would mean that limiting your own casualties would be an even higher priority. Plus, it would be even easier to become attached to your units, striving to ensure their survival while achieving the battle objectives and perhaps picking a "pet" unit along the way. For example, I managed to do some serious damage using a 75mm infantry gun in one senario (Crossing the Dvina, excellent map and unit balance in my opinion) and I was trilled to see that the crew survived in the end! :D Perhaps in a campaign, spanning 2-3 years, it would be possible to see one's units gain (or lose) some experince, depending on how the players handles them during battles, how many kills they score and how many loses they suffer. So, I wanted to ask if there are any plans for such a campaign.

Amazing...it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure what to do exactly though- which files should I download and how does the whole campaign work? I read something about "rolling for a task force" etc. Help anyone...please? :confused:

The idea behind Biltong is quite good, but it is too complicated to fight with it (my personal point of view). I would prefer a mixture of his rules and some java program where everything is rolled and chosen and you only have to print the list smile.gif

I think much better would this tool be if it could generate CMBB maps with the right setting in the propriate format of cmbb. But I dont know how far it is possible and which knowledge you will need for this about the CMBB code. Eventually Battlefront could do something about this? :D

Originally posted by r0tten:

[QB] The idea behind Biltong is quite good, but it is too complicated to fight with it (my personal point of view). I would prefer a mixture of his rules and some java program where everything is rolled and chosen and you only have to print the list smile.gif

That now actually exists. Biltaid. smile.gif

Don't know if this is what type game you had in mind but I am currently working on a mini cmmc style multiplayer game. It is set in the same area but using my own rules, OOB's etc AND it will only have about 20-24 players total. It is still in much of the planning stages but I have the base website pretty much completed.

Go here CM:BB COMBAT CAMPAIGN to check it out and let me know what you think.

I'm too new around here to have quoted anyone before, so please excuse me if I'm not doing this properly. So here goes. rOtten wrote that

The idea behind Biltong is quite good, but it is too complicated to fight with it (my personal point of view). I would prefer a mixture of his rules and some java program where everything is rolled and chosen and you only have to print the list

Having read the rules now (you were right HawkerT, I shouldn't have asked a question before reading the rules, sorry! :rolleyes: ) I'm afraid I would tend to agree with rOtten .

Now, History Buff replied:

That now actually exists
. Would someone know how to avoid filling all the parameters in BCR yourself and instead letting the computer do all the claculations? Thank you. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by BlackVoid:

We Hungarian CM fans are running are own multiplayer campaign. Actually it is the second one.

Do you guy have a website or are you doing it all in-house? Are you using COCAT or Mapping Mission? I find they are invaluable in running something like this.