Toms new CMBB Sky Textures Vol.1 released !

skypreview.jpg

Gentlemen,

Since I feel very uncomfortable with the image of Vader´s Jester seeing me as an " eighteen-year-old readhead with the pouty lips, skin tight tank top, and mini-skrit that shows off just enough to drive a modslut crazy " :D I decided to release the first part of my CMBB sky texture replacement kit ( it may take a few weeks if not months to finish the whole thing ). The actual set contains five new texture sets ( three bitmaps each ). There may be a few " rough edges " here and there , but I hope you´ll like the results. Your input on this is welcome.

Cheers

Tom

The new mod can be found at www.cmmods.com

Ohh noooo.. I´ll never make announcements like that WHILE I am downloading from CMMODS :mad: I started grabbing Mr.Noobies new Intro Music mod a while ago and got aceptable 4.5 kb per sec. , meanwhile I wrote this topic and now I´m down to 0.5 kb per sec. :rolleyes: ... still 20 minutes to go. Lesson learned :D

Cheers

Tom

No pun intended. CMMODS offers a PHANTASTIC service.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Nice Tom. smile.gif

The summer skies are a bit blurry though. :(

Ahh...Mr.Modslut himself :D ,

I guess you are right ( the summer sky was my first attempt ..done with Bryce ) and I feel its way too bright. I will correct that with the next update ( and there are more " lesser clouds " summer skies in the pipeline ). BTW: 16 Bit " Hires " skies are not possible with the current CM engine: all sky textures are downsampled to 8-Bit ( 256 color )format. The downsampling process produces some very ugly dithering effects ( which can be cleared by adding some " Noise " to the bitmaps ).

Cheers

Tom

[ February 26, 2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]