why ffow in rd tournament and not efow?

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Because you dont get that option when you tourney save a battle. Nothing we could do about it.

WWB

Even if it were possible, it would be of no use.... I know every unit that go into that map by their name together with their possible starting positions redface.gif

Do not have to do a tournament save to have security.

Tourney cooridnator has total control with EFOW, Starts Game in HOT Seat with a password, does not touch any setup. Saves the Game, opens it with next password and sends it to the player with password. I also send briefing in seperate e-mail..

Then you have EFOW. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

is this not something they should look into in v1.02???

:confused:

-tom w

Yes it is Tom. Scenario designers do not have the option when saving a scenario in Tournament mode. The default setting is full fog of war. We would like to have the flexibility to specify the fog of war setting.

Even if it were possible, it would be of no use.... I know every unit that go into that map by their name together with their possible starting positions.

You only know the initial starting positions because the RD tourney is played double blind simultaneously. However, i would imagine 99% of players in the tourney would re-arrange the default starting positions to suit their style of play or to suit their attack/defence plan.

Do not have to do a tournament save to have security.

Tourney cooridnator has total control with EFOW, Starts Game in HOT Seat with a password, does not touch any setup. Saves the Game, opens it with next password and sends it to the player with password. I also send briefing in seperate e-mail..

Then you have EFOW.

With 144 players in round one alone i don't think Cyberfox has enough hours in the day to handle such a task. The RoW series, so adeptly handled by Treeburst, has a more mangeable number of participants.

Oh yeah, that is EXACTLY what they want to hear now...more bleeting from the sheep.

If BFC view this thread i hope they take it as a request to tweak this feature. We have e-mailed BFC on this matter and hope to get a favourable reply.

Best wishes

CDIC

[ January 03, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Captitalistdoginchina ]