Your Cure for the Waffen Grenadier Blues - Mods (re)posted! (image heavy)

Now ready for download at the CM Mods Database: all three sets of Waffen-SS uniforms. Someone requested these so I thought I'd repost them, but not after I updated them with new field gear and a few additional improvements. Sets 1 and 2 include BMPs for spring and autumn camouflage smocks, and set three (as most already know) includes 44-dot and gray uniforms. Insignia is historically accurate so sensitive types beware tongue.gif

Set 1:

wss1.jpg

wss1_fall.jpg

Set 2: wss2.jpg

wss2_fall.jpg

Set 3:

wss3.jpg

Also: does anyone know which *&$%*#@ BMP controls the top of the breech block on the German 150mm infantry gun? For the life of me I can't find it. If someone can tell me which one it is then I can release this

sIG33.jpg

In both gray and yellow versions. Please help! smile.gif

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

These are quite spectacular, but I am still waiting on that late war tri-color leaf Soviet camo mod. Are you still working on it?

Thanks! Unfortunately I still don't have decent enough pix of the leaf-pattern camo to put together a mod. If you only knew the amount of pain that went into creating all the W-SS camo patterns... smile.gif

Will these do for the time being?

red_ab1.jpg

red_ab2.jpg

In this case the amoeba camo was easy enough to approximate in Adobe Illustrator. smile.gif

I see someone already posted the link to trident-military site. I just found those pics on that site a few days ago and was going to let you know , but I am too late. There is also an excelent russian movie out called "Zvezda" (The Star) about a group of Soviet scouts in 1945, whose mission is to infiltrate enemy lines. The movie is in russian, so if you speak russian like me thats great, if not, its still a good movie with real period technology. Also the scouts in the movie use that tri-color leaf pattern that is on trident-military site.

Andrew, if you can mod that, it would look awesome I am sure. I am working on one as well. Can't wait to compare your work to mine. ;)

How's this? smile.gif

red_ab3.jpg

This is about as good as I can get it from the photos. My technique for putting together the camo patterns involves copying areas of the pattern from photos and using various Photoshop tools to put together something convincing. Obviously the better the images the better the final product. There's no shortage of people out there on the internet (where I've gleaned most of the camo photos) showing off pix of Nazi gear, but only a few Soviet militaria sites with decent photos.

Anyhow, this looks pretty good. Unfortunately it has a tendency so look "sparkly" at long distances in-game, no doubt due to the contrast of the camo pattern. I've already knocked it down a bit here but it might need a little more work.

Originally posted by Runyan99:

Andrew, your mods are always nice, but

I hate the granade stuck in the belt. I don't like it because every body has one, and so it seems oddly conspicuous.

Any chance of removing the grenade?

Cory i like the hand grenade!! i also think he should have a magnetic mine under his belt.

and did you get my setup?

Murray

Andrew,

As usual, great job. The Waffen SS grenadiers look even better now. I really liked the detail on the early pattern camo smocks. These Russian camo patterns you show in this thread look very interesing. Does anyone out there know how widely used these camo patterns were for the Soviets during the war?

I probably won't remove the grenade from these guys as 1) it's sort of my little signature for my German uniform mods and 2) I don't want to upload all the uniform mods again. ;)

Maybe I'll reconsider it for CMAK.

As for the Soviet camo outfits: I don't know how often they were using in real life. Perhaps one of our resident Red Army grogs can enlighten us. smile.gif