Question: favourite region/date.

I've had CMBB for two weeks now, there's so much to discover. I still go back to my first love CMAK but am putting in hours to familiarize myself with CMBB. I would appreciate some help with the various regions and dates, though.

Would anyone like to recommend a region/date with interesting, out of the ordinary terrain?

I thought I read somewhere that Iran was depicted.

Thanks

Evzone

CMBB is 4 regions,

Finland

North

Center

South,

Finland is mostly forest and swamps,

North is lenningrad and the baltic forests

Center is steepes, moscow, and kursk

South is more steepes, Crimea, the Caucasus, and Stalingrad. The Italian alpini earned the respect of the soviets in the bloody retreat from the caucasus in late 42 to early 43, Try playing the 'Alpine Breakout' Scenario

At no point did the war enter the lands known as Iran.(although the soviets did occupy the region)

The more geographicly inclined grogs will correct me at great length I'm sure,

• 2 weeks later...

Yupp a tiger wasent half as good or unique as the kvs

By that time tactics and equipment had changed so a tiger in 1943 can not take on 40 or so Soviet tanks of any combination

But a kv tank during 1941 can take on 40 or so tanks of any combination of Axis tanks.

[ September 15, 2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: TheHumanMage ]

I know this is deviating a bit, but didn't small numbers of Mongolian volunteers appear early in the war? It would be cool to play a horde of irrate, hairy Mongoloids facing down your Panzertruppe. I was kind of bummed that BF didn't model the Soviet allied Mongolian or Czech troops. I know their contribution was very small, but still would have added some cool variety.