best sound mod ?

I downloaded Nightcrawler's mod and then didn't play for a few days and had forgotten about it.

When I took up my PBEM again, it was in a night scenario. I was following a squad at view level 1 through some woods when they came upon an enemy squad. The hand-to-hand combat sounds — especially the screams — just about made me wet myself! :D

It's definitely worth the download.

Cheers,

Jason

Nightcrawler's CMBB sound pack has some good sounds. I would definately download it. I know what Axe2121 is talking about with the hand-to-hand combat sounds, better than the default "slap fight" sounds that come with CMBB. The Russian SMG sounds are VERY good, almost terrifying when you hear them rip up close when playing as the Axis. Makes you REALLY want to keep those Russian SMG units at arms length.

However, some of the sounds were a bit much for me, especially the explosion sounds.

In the end I did a "pick-and-choose" from Nightcrawler, Ohjusmies and Oddball, plus some mods of my own. You might want to do the same. Takes some time but the results can be worth it.

Originally posted by jagcommander:

Reflecting my love of Vegas and Reno buffets, I'm running a personal mix of Scipio, Nightcrawler and the original wave files for CMBB. For CMBO, it's heavy on Scipio sound mods

I love Scipios MG-42 sounds for CM:BO.

[ July 03, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: illo ]

Just dled Oddball E8's FatherOfNone 1-10 Sound mods. Sounds much better but some of the sounds are very muffled. Whats the deal, they sound fine outside of the game but get muffled in game. Im assuming i converted some of them on the wrong frequency or something. :confused: Anybody know how i go about fixing them?

Could someone point me in the direction of a list of sound files for both CMBO & CMBB? I would like to have a go at mixing and matching some of the other packs.

I really ling the NightCrawlers pack for both games and would recommend them, even worth the download with a modem.

Ahh ****, just found out what Oddball said a ways back about his FatherOfNone sound pack.

Ooops... forgot to mention this in the readme... you have to make sure that you convert the files into a wav format of PCM Freq. 44100 channels 1 bits 16 or else you might experience some wierd effects...

Ah well, no biggie, thank god i didn't delete the mp3 version after i converted them to wav. Since it took me forever to dl them on my 56k modem. smile.gif

Im on a 56k modem too so i know what you went through d/l them...

i might release the last files after the summer holidays are over and i get money again... right now i just cant afford being online for that long...

thing is that CMAK will have been released by then and interest may be fading (its not that great right now... since alot of people have trouble converting my files correctly) :(

Since i got your attention here Oddball, can i get some quick help. How do i change the channel from 2 to your recemmended 1 channel. Im using DbPowerAmp Music Converter and all the other settings(default) are set to what you specified.

Edit: Disregard this. Just found your updated readme in your FON Soundpack #3. I completely missed this. All is well now. ;)

[ July 04, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: MeatEtr ]