Totenkopf, june / july 1941

Three companies with 11 guns each, organised in two platoons of four guns each with 3,5 cm Pak 35/36, and one platoon with three guns of 5cm Pak 38 per company. Fully motorised (MotZ) in the case of Totenkopf. Per company six Czech lMG for local protection.

Battalion HQ, with attached signals section.

Check this if you can read German OOB symbolsp

All the best

Andreas

Thanks a lot!

And thanks for the links - very useful!

Are they towed to trucks or kubelwagen?

I try my luck with another question. I can see that each regiment has a company of IGs attached, but what does they mean with 2+6 and are they towed to SPW 251/1 (3 pl with 2x 75mm IG and 2 SPW each)? What is the "2"?

And

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

IIRC a HQ and signals platoon and three AT companies, each with 12 x 3,7cm guns (mot). Not really sure though.

EDIT: Andreas was faster AND more accurate. D'oh! :mad:

Wie war der Umzug? Wo ist mein Zug? Wo ist Deine Kapitulation?

Welcher Umzug? Meiner fehlt auch! Bei Andreas kommt die doch früher oder später sowieso.

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Sgt AA:

Thanks a lot!

And thanks for the links - very useful!

Are they towed to trucks or kubelwagen?

I try my luck with another question. I can see that each regiment has a company of IGs attached, but what does they mean with 2+6 and are they towed to SPW 251/1 (3 pl with 2x 75mm IG and 2 SPW each)? What is the "2"?

And

Depends on what's available (Remember this was the army that attacked Poland in Czech tanks and generally had designations for any captured equipment). But a Kübelwagen ain't much for 4-5 men, ammo and the gun. More likely a truck will be standard transport.

2 sIG (15cm) + 6 lIG (7,5cm)

Motorized has two circles, Mech (armored) has a circle on the left and an oval to the right while fully tracked has a wide oval. So I'd say it's a truck. A SdKfz 7 should be more likely than a 251 if a halftrack was available. But IIRC the army had priorities on tracks then.

Gruß

Joachim

Most likely a light truck, such as the Krupp Protze (use a Kübelwagen) for the Pak and the IG18, while the sIG33 needs something more substantial to tow it. Also possible are armoured halftracks, but unlikely in this case, in my view. The prime mover HTs (Sdkfz 7 etc) were probably too valuable for these relatively light guns.

Züge gibts wenn France Telecom mich mit Internetanschluss versorgt hat, und die neue Wohnung aufgeräumt ist. Schätze mal nächste Woche.

All the best

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again!

I'm reading a book about the TK:

Rupert Butler (1985), Hitlers Death's Head Division, Pen & Sword. Any opinion, is it a good one?

As a newbe I learned a lot and I liked it, but do anyone has any recommendation about other Totenkopf-reading. I'm very interesting in detailed maps, OOB and anything that can be implemented in a CMBB scenario.