Freindly fire

I'm playing a CMBB by email which involves a small german garrison fighting off a heavy sov attack on their dug in positions in a snowy village.

Apart from it being ridicolusly one sided, I have also noticed something very very odd - twice now german troops in a firefight have stopped shotting at the enemy, and begun targetting one of their own nearby units!! They even rotate on the spot to line up with their comrades as if they were switching to a better target. I get a thick red line, but havent seen any firing as yet. Whats going on? These boys fifth columnists or what?

Grum

Is it a night battle? How about the weather? Fog, snow, heavy snow, etc. These factors can contribute to units mis-identifying other friendly units as enemy.

Also I believe that experience level affects their spotting ability but if I am wrong please correct me someone.

Originally posted by securityguard:

yeah, you tend to lose sharpshooters to friendly fire often at night. don't know why sharpshooters specificly, but i've lost at least 3 or 4 in night battles because my hq thought it was a threat.

Sharpshooters tend to hide and not talk.

Hiding? Hey, they're creeping up on US!!

If you can't see well, a few commands or words in German might give you a hint to which side that shadows over there belong.

Advancing at 30m viz is really cool... one shoot and everybody creeps to cover (if it ain't at least vets).

Gruß

Joachim