Urgent Mod Request - Ambient Sounds

Someone get to work immediately.

Oh, and if theres an existing one out there, thats ok too..

Gyrene, if you're reading, you don't have to do this one. You still get credit for making me those spiffy railraod tracks.

I can wait a week for this mod, since I wont have much time to play until next week anyway. (Trying to be reasonable here smile.gif )

OK, just post a preview and expected eta here as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Someone get to work immediately.

Oh, and if theres an existing one out there, thats ok too..

Gyrene, if you're reading, you don't have to do this one. You still get credit for making me those spiffy railraod tracks.

I can wait a week for this mod, since I wont have much time to play until next week anyway. (Trying to be reasonable here smile.gif )

OK, just post a preview and expected eta here as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Spiffy railroad tracks? Link?

Well i do it for me... and me alone... but i thought that there had to be someone else out there that want a soundmod that is "homogonized" (is that correctly spelled?)

so i release my stuff...

wich by the way isnt "my" stuff... just sounds ive plundered from other sources like other games, soundmods for other games, real-life recordings and movies...

btw. i would add credits if i could just remember from what soundmods ive pilfered them... but i dont... :D

Oh and these are the sounds i use for all the other WWII games i play... i make soundmods for them all... well currently i only have MoH:AA and MoH:SH

[ April 01, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Oddball_E8 ]

Gyrene,

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by cbb:

Spiffy railroad tracks? Link?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow the sig...

Gyrene

Wow Gyrene, this railroad track mod is amazing. The stock railroad bmp's aren't even comparable to your mod. Thanks for this much needed mod. Any reason why you havent uploaded it to the mod database?

Also, Cbb, thanks for asking about this mod, i would never have found it.

Glad you liked them. They were fairly popular in the CMBO era and used to be at Der Kessel until they got out of the Mod business.

Matter of fact, I didn't even notice they weren't up anymore until tonight.

The winter version is part of Tom's Battle of the Bulge mod.

Gyrene

I did make an ambient sound mod. This is for rain. It is a rain loop devoid of the annoying booming "distant explosion" sounds present in all the ambient sound files. I propose that CM2 (3?) have separate ambient sound tracks (multiple tracks for each ambient environment), so that we may better mod them (without having to own sound mixing software). I'd be happy with the existing ambient tracks, if the "boom" track was simply removed.

In any case, enjoy the quiet rainy day with my mod...

Patricks CMBB Page

(You can find my mod in the sound mods about halfway down the page)

Vader´s Jester:

I´ve downloaded your ambient sound mod(s) and have a few observations:

Has anybody done research on WHEN do the different ambient sounds actually play ? There seems to be a difference in what .wav plays based on month AND wind.

Summer months (June, July) I can hear the crickets during the night and still wind (stock BFC 00005005), but when I crank the wind options to "Windy", a different sound is played (IMHO stock BFC 00005002 or 00005003). "Strong winds" at night also seem to cause a different sound to be played (now that I have your mods, I think it´s the 00005000).

Night, still winds and month other than the summer months cause your "CRICKETSNCOMBAT" (00005006) to be played. Upping the wind speed to "Windy", stock BFC 00005002/3 can be heard. "Strong wind" equals your 00005000 amb.

Winter months, still and night produce 0005002/3, "Windy" again your 00005000 (the great "COLDTACTICS"... I like this one, but see above, it can be heard a bit "out of place"), "Strong wind" results in the same (00005000).

00005000 is really easy to recognise from the long, though quite silent (from somewhere far away smile.gif ) MG staccato at the beginning, so it sticks out. My tests aren´t very scientific and I haven´t studied the chance of temperature or region affecting which sound is played, I´m not that much of a HIFI sound man myself. I´ve also only studied night conditions, ´though both winter and summer (but not closely the differences in fall and spring). And really, I PRESUME the ambient sound clips always START AT THE BEGINNING when a new battle "pops up" (moves from "Loading 3-D objects" to Setup and the complete 3-D terrain).

I like your Ambient sounds and the observations above are only for someone who really wants to dig in and produce a chart (or sumfink) of the ambient sounds, months and wind state (and possibly region, temperature etc.). I would like to point out though, that there still remains 3 ambient sounds you haven´t modded (00005002/3/5) and that kinda breaks the pattern (your sounds are heavy on the distant battle sounds, the stock BFC ones aren´t... I like your´s better btw.).

Only food for thought

[ April 03, 2003, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: SaTyR ]