Main theme

First, thanks guys for letting me know of the name of this song.

And then about my nickname. I don't know how you took it, but it is not intented to upset or provoke people in any way. I am not a Hitler or a Nazi-fan, I don't like or agree in any way what they have done. This nick is only supposed to take humorously, something like I am the leader or something. And one big thing also why I chose this nick was that I like German language, and I am interested in WW2, specifically in the role of Germany in it. And again, I must apologize anybody who was offended by my nick. It was good you brought this up so that I can listen what people think about my nick.

Karri Kivelä

"Herr Führer"

In my opinion, in gaming, only the 'lamers' want to use a nick like 'im the leader', like 'im God', like 'Hitler'. I never played anybody with anick like that that could stand losing a game.

But thats al about my 3dshooter experience.

I dont know what the people in this game think about a name like that.

If others dont mind, and u turn out to be a descent person, and hey; why wouldnt u;)...i wont need to say another word about it. (because indeed; i'd rather not.)

...still: name using that provoces the other player like this is kind of childish, isnt it?

A bunch of liberals. Why not ban anything that glorifies Nazi Germany. That would include this game because some people would find it distastefull that one would spend countless hours trying to lead a battalion of Heer to victory. And don't even try and separate Nazi germany from the antics of "the other Germany" during the 1930-40's.

But, if you choose a nick like that you are going to draw allied players that can't help but try to beat you down (game wise).

Originally posted by FM Paul Heinrik:

A bunch of liberals. Why not ban anything that glorifies Nazi Germany.

Personally, I think there are just some names and titles that are connected to atrocities. I don't think anyone would find it offensive (maybe a bit smug, though) if someone had a username like Rommel or Guderian. Or Volksturm, Panzergrenadier, etc...

Just don't use "Ersatztruppen" as your nick. ;)

Eh, why the furor over 'herr fuhrer' (forgive my play on words)? After all Mel Brookes currently has a 'family' broadway show running with the big song "Springtime for Hitler", plus California's current governor got elected despite a well publicised history of being a vocal fan of old Adolf (though he did change his tune pretty quick during the campaign). And let's not even mention national politics.