Grog Question Ger tnks/plt 42-43

My sources give:

Official strength in tanks per platoon:

'41-'43 Pz III: 5

'41-'42 Pz IV: 4

'43 Pz IV: 5

Of course, usually in practice there would be fewer than 4 or 5 actually available.

PvK

Edit: formatting data - grr ;-/

[ October 26, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: PvK ]

The CMBB player reads the post. "Oh", he thinks to himself, "a question about unit compositions and tables of organization." Ahh, how many tanks in a German tank platoon? Slowly, the CMBB player swivels his seat. He gazes at his bookshelf - at the dozens of volumes on German wartime tactical organization. He thinks about the years of research. "How many tanks in a German tank platoon?" The CMBB player is emotionally drained just _thinking_ about trying to answer that question. Exhausted, he decides not to add to the thread....

(Edited because you can't see anything included inside angular parentheses.)

smile.gif

[ October 29, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: c3k ]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks PvK.

You confirmed the issue with the Pz IIIs and PZ IVs. In the scenario editor, 1942 platoons of Pz IIIs and IVs are listed at 4 vehicles each. 1943 platoons of IIIs and IVs are listed at 5 vehicles each.

Anyone think this is worth mentioning to BTS?

PvK - I finally went back to my library, and Jentz indicates that the fault is only with Panzer III in 1942 (should be five) - in 43 they should be five. Panzer IV are correct in CMBB (i.e. should be 4 in 42, 5 in 43).

Not worth raising, because BFC see CMBB as a finished product, and there will be no more patches.

Originally posted by OBJ:

Thanks Andreas.

On the Pz III's, they only had 4 vehicles per platoon in 1942? That's what they get in the scenario.

Nope, according to Jentz it should be five Panzer III, and four Panzer IV in 1942 in a platoon.

Originally posted by OBJ:

As for a patch, there is a recent rumor on this forum that BTS might do one more 'final' patch.

I would say that is probably just a rumour. Same sort of rumours went round after CMBB came out WRT CMBO. Would be nice though.

I don't know about that. A friend of mine said a guy he knows heard from a budddy that Madmatt thought he heard someone who looked like a guy who lived next to Steve think about telling Charles' uncle's ex-roommate that a company associated with a group who really like companies like BFC might be interested in conducting a study about considering another patch.

I'm already hitting the refresh button.