Been awhile... "The MUST-HAVE mods"?

I'll agree with Tweety here, CMMODDatabase is THE site. What I suggest is just to see what units are in your current scenario which you are playing. If you like how they look, fine. If not, head for the base and "mod to taste". There is a true "embarrassment of riches". :D

And, the really good news is that great mods just keep on pouring in.

Hi, Japinard. Welcome back.

The problem with the top download list is that some of the newest great mods are simply not yet in the ,say, top 30.

Apart from just looking at the list, note the names of modders who score high. Basically, if you ask my personal opinion, you can download and install anything from TanksAlot, AndrewTF, MikeyD (now why isn't he yet in the top twenty, huh?) Gordon Molek, Makjager and Panzermartin without hesitation cos it will be GOOD! I'd include myself, if I weren't so modest. ;)

(Edited to add another great modder)

[ July 14, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Juju, I didn't want to upset anyone, but you were my #1 pick. I don't know if you remember me e-mailing you accoades about your factory mod, but I just saw your wooden fence mod, and am like "YEEEHAAAAAAA"!!!!

Love your work and intense attention to detail!

Originally posted by japinard:

Juju, I didn't want to upset anyone, but you were my #1 pick. I don't know if you remember me e-mailing you accoades about your factory mod, but I just saw your wooden fence mod, and am like "YEEEHAAAAAAA"!!!!

Love your work and intense attention to detail!

Yes, I remember we mailed. And thanks for the nice comments.

I'm at it again, so just wait 'til you see my next mod. It'll be buildings again.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the mods I've downloaded,the only absolutely essential one is the gridded terrain set.

It drapes a faint 20-metre square grid over the map to allow instantaneous judging of perspective/contours/ranges.

(Oh and you might also like to use the "Transparent Ruins" mod to be able to see infantry amid collapsed rubble)