ATTENTION ALL MOD AUTHORS!!!

If you have any mods stored at cmmods.com, please log into the website and update your mods. You need to change the Country, Type and Unit(s).

I will be tryign to update the mods that I can, but I REALLY need YOUR help with this. We'll all be on CM36 before I can finish updating the mods. ;)

This will help the users in sorting thru the mods and will help you keep track of what mods are for what units.

Thanks for your help!!!

I'm working on my long list (115!) right now. I found some possible errors... For Hungary you have the Stug (late) listed as the same as a Zriyini, and there is no 'checkbox' for the Van de Careaul "Tank Destroyer" for the Romanians.

and there's no space for the Pz(38)t? Just the Pz35(t) (which is close...but not the one I'd search for...)

you have Lynx spelled 'Lynz' (you've done an amazing job, a spelling error here and there is so minor as to probably make you hate me, but I'm just trying to help...)

Oh, and you seem to have removed the entire "Other" section...so does this mean I need to put my "modder's series" in amongst the regular mods?

Zimorodok

[ September 14, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

Originally posted by Zimorodok:

I'm working on my long list (115!) right now. I found some possible errors... For Hungary you have the Stug (late) listed as the same as a Zriyini,

So does that mean that the StuG (Late) and the Zriyni do NOT share the same .BMPs? Please confirm.

and there is no 'checkbox' for the Van de Careaul "Tank Destroyer" for the Romanians.

Give me the exact name for the tank and I'll add it to the list. Does it share .BMPs with any other tanks?

Oh, and you seem to have removed the entire "Other" section...so does this mean I need to put my "modder's series" in amongst the regular mods?

Yes, since your modder series (a VERY good foundation!) is broken out by each unit, it should probably be listed as such. Please go ahead and put them under the appropriate category, just as if it were a normal mod.

Thanks for helping me get things updated. I REALLY appreciate all the modders helping out with this.

the Zryini USED to share .bmps with the Stug III, but no longer. I think 1.02 fixed that. You have a number of these sort of things. The Csaba doesn't share .bmps with the Psw 222, although your checkboxes would indicate such.

"Vanatorul de care R-35"(some info here)

Where's the search feature? Will it not work until everything is updated? (I'm nearly 100% updated...I only accidentally deleted one mod :rolleyes: )

Zimorodok

I just updated most of my mods. However, I ran into problems with some of them. Here's a list.

1) There's no entry in the unit list for the Pz IV G (early).

2) There's an entry called "Pz IV J - Pz IV G (late)". This would seem to imply that these two tanks share textures. While this may have been the case in the past, it is not the case in CMBB 1.03.

3) There's an entry called "Pz IV F2 - Pz IV G". Again, as above, these tanks do not share textures in CMBB 1.03.

4) There's an entry called "SPW251/1 - SPW251/17 - SPW251/21 - Sd Kfz 251/1" and another called "SPW251/17 - SPW251/21 - SPW251/1". These two are basically the same, but with the vehicles listed in a different order. Also, the "Sd Kfz 251/1" on the end of the first entry appears to be redundant, as I assume that the "SPW251/1" and the "Sd Kfz 251/1" are the same vehicle.

Anyway, I hope nobody minds me pointing these out. Just trying to help. smile.gif

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

If anyone has info on mods that are listed wrong, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Nothing really wrong, and it isn't crucial, but I expected trenches to be in the fortification list, not the terrain list. Was this intentional? Both are right, of course.

Originally posted by Juju:

Nothing really wrong, and it isn't crucial, but I expected trenches to be in the fortification list, not the terrain list. Was this intentional? Both are right, of course.

No, you are correct. It should be in Forts. That makes a little more sense. I'll add it to my list of things to update. Thanks!

Originally posted by bardosy:

There is no caption at checkbox when I want update "Hungary" and "Infantry" MOD. There is one, blank checkbox and if I checked it, I recive an error message.

I think this is a bug.

It's a FEATURE, not a bug. :D

Seriously, I'm assuming this is for an exisitng mod. All you need to do is change the 'Infantry' to 'Armor' (or anything else). and then back to 'Infantry' again.

It works this way because it needs to have the form refreshed to lookup the infrantry units.

Sorry, but I can't do anything to change that...well, I *think* I can't. I'll look at it when I get home. This could get to be a pain when you modders are updating your mods in the future.

Thanks for pointing this out!

P.S. See, no matter how trivial you might think a problem is, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! It could just be the tip of the iceberg and I'd rather find out now than 6 months from now. Thanks!!!

It's a FEATURE, not a bug. :D

Seriously, I'm assuming this is for an exisitng mod. All you need to do is change the 'Infantry' to 'Armor' (or anything else). and then back to 'Infantry' again.

Nice tip, it works! Thanks. I done.

PS.: Why you delete the type "vehicle"?

Originally posted by bardosy:

PS.: Why you delete the type "vehicle"?

It was much easier to shove anything with wheels or treads into one category instead of trying keep Vehicles from Aromor and vice versa. Besides, there' really only two vehicles (Truck and Jeep/Kblwgn) that don't really fit into the Armor category. Everything else has a gun or some armor on it.

I have updated my lone mod. I think I may have identified a problem though. In the Units boxes to be checked off, I'm pretty sure the Marder II needs it own box, not one box grouped with one Romanian SP gun and the other box grouped with antoher Romanian SP gun and the Marder III. The Romanian SP guns have their own bmps unrelated to the Marder IIs and I don't think the Marder III and II share BMPs. Perhaps I am wrong. I am not a very experienced modder so forgive me if I am in error.

Regards,

J Kruger

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

I have updated my lone mod. I think I may have identified a problem though. In the Units boxes to be checked off, I'm pretty sure the Marder II needs it own box, not one box grouped with one Romanian SP gun and the other box grouped with antoher Romanian SP gun and the Marder III. The Romanian SP guns have their own bmps unrelated to the Marder IIs and I don't think the Marder III and II share BMPs. Perhaps I am wrong. I am not a very experienced modder so forgive me if I am in error.

Can anyone else confirm/deny the relationship between the Marder II/III and the Romanian SP's?? Thanks!

I reregistered for the site when I uploaded my ASL mods. I now find out (thanks to a timely email) that there are some earlier versions of my mods up under an earlier name (I forgot that I had registered long ago for this).

Is it possible to delete the two mods by Michael Dorosh (I have no idea what my logon for that was or even which email address I used)? The new ones under madorosh supercede them in any event.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Is it possible to delete the two mods by Michael Dorosh (I have no idea what my logon for that was or even which email address I used)? The new ones under madorosh supercede them in any event.

POOF! They're gone... </font>

Can anyone else confirm/deny the relationship between the Marder II/III and the Romanian SP's?? Thanks!

I can work up some screenshots and post them here or e-mail them to you. The TACAM SP guns are entirely different vehicles from the Marder II. Perhaps in an earlier version of CMBB they shared all the same BMPs, but I don't think they share any now. The Marder III and Wespe share BMPs but I am pretty sure the Marder II shares no BMPs with the Marder III or Wespe.

Also, can multiple countries be selected for mods? B/c my Marder II mod, which alters only the panzer grey version, applies to the German Marder II and also the Hungarian Marder II.

Regards,

J Kruger

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

I can work up some screenshots and post them here or e-mail them to you. The TACAM SP guns are entirely different vehicles from the Marder II. Perhaps in an earlier version of CMBB they shared all the same BMPs, but I don't think they share any now. The Marder III and Wespe share BMPs but I am pretty sure the Marder II shares no BMPs with the Marder III or Wespe.

Also, can multiple countries be selected for mods? B/c my Marder II mod, which alters only the panzer grey version, applies to the German Marder II and also the Hungarian Marder II.

Regards,

J Kruger </font>