Surprising ignorance displayed yet again...

If you are using XP, nothing. Why, what do you think would happen? :confused:

If you are not using XP, why the hades not, it actually is good (an unpopular view but MS managed to deliver a quality item) Dunno about 98, 95 etc. but hey, if anyting happens it's your fault for stil using that crap. :D

As long as you don't minimize by putting CMBB in a long 100 degree washing cycle, nothing should happen.

[edited beekozz ay kent tajp]

[ February 16, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Tweety ]

I've tried it many times and it works (for me that is; windows 2000 and the american version of CMBB). Waiting for your opponent to setup when attacking/assaulting (usually I take more time setting up as the defender) and taking a peek at something like the BFC forums for example.

On my Win98 based OS machine, I regularly host TCPIP games and while my adversary plans his "long" turns, I alt-tab and do other games turns. Many times I've 2 CMBB running one with TCPIP, the other doing pbem turns of “quick” pbem mates.

CMBB is bullet prove, a few days ago I run 3 CMBB games on my machine, one TCPIP 1.02, another 1.02 pbem and the other 1.01 pbem, apart from the slight slowdown, no problem whatsoever. Of course, if you are playing it together with another graphic intensive program/game, in likes of CMBB + OFP, you will have a considerable slow down.

Conclusion, alt-tab without fear, if something happens... then almost for sure, it is related with your machine hardware or some weird unstable program running in the background.

[ February 17, 2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Tanaka ]

Depends on the machine: sometimes if I'm playing on a Korean version of windows I lose the shortcut keys and have to press the space bar to get the menu to come up. Really slows you down and gets very frustrating during TCP games. I don't seem to have this problem on my notebook computer though.

...Only major issue is if the host starts the game minimized they will not see most of the 2d graphics--like the go button.

...For me it did black out all buttons and borders, and I lost the popup command list...
Ok, after my brag, I couldn't stop noticing these posts above :D

Both of them seam related with graphics problems, may I suggest that you go by the "technical forum" on this same board and ask for drivers/DX stings. You will see that usually, nicer people then me, post there smile.gif

Anyway, I think these "problems" are related with:

1) Out of recourses system/graphic card

2) Poor drivers/Dx settings

3) System hog/parasite application running in the background.

PS- Don't forget to give your system specs.

[ February 17, 2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Tanaka ]