*MOD WIP* Panzer II for CMBB.

Hi all...as i am won't to do ;) ....please find a link to a web page that will let you see my current mod WIP..the Pz II C for CMBB.

web page

So far..a months work ...but still much to do re: details, fixing stuff , hi-lites/shadows and weathering.

End products should be Panzer Grau , Dunkelgelb , Winter , and mb a few cammos smile.gif

Be ready ..when its ready ;)

Regards

Måkjager

[ May 19, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

Makjager, I really love your work on the Luchs.

Simply amazing attention to detail. I have no doubt that this one is going to be excellent too.

But if you don't mind I have a small comment to make about the dark yellow color. Maybe it is

just my impression, but shouldn't be a little bit

more bright and faded perhaps? I know it isn't finished yet but I had the same feeling about the Luchs too. Somehow it looks a bit darker than it should be under the effect of daylight.

However it is still beautiful in its pure

colors and delicate lighting smile.gif

Hey Panzermartin .....no offence taken bud smile.gif

As is....there has been some movement "behind the scenes" with other modders , trying to work out a set of "standard" vehicle colours covering the countries that we see in action with the CM series. This is so as to allow various mod makers to at least start off from a common colour point..and hopefully end up with Mods that complement each other( colour cousins ) and not look too out of place.

Due to the various 'styles" we hope that at least the colours will help blend the mods....while still allowing the maker to express his "style".

The colours i tend to use could be said to be "straight out of the pot" so to speak..hence the strenght of them. With these new colour blobs we are trying to agree on..and finally having found out to actually use them i will be converting over to them once i have all my details made.

As is..i am comfortable right now with that "dark yellow" that i use...and i can lighten it.

My recent Luchs mod may get converted to the lighter colours at a later stage....but for now i will just concentrate on the Pz II using the dark yellow..and then converting to the lighter dunkel gelb / panzer grau. I might even do a dual release....one dunkelgelb set based on my dark yellow..so as it will complement the Luchs for mod users who like that look..and the others using the "new" colours.

As a "bit further down the mod footpath" ..... i hope to make a Marder II and Wespe using some of the Pz II chassie...and these wil definately be made using the "new colour blobs"

Glad you like the details..and i will continue to do my best when it comes to CM.

As a foot note.. i provided Kwazy with some very poor / dark photos of my Pz II F 1/35th scale Tamiya model..which he worked wonders on to make the ingame Pz II C/ F tanks. This is just my way of saying ..Sorry for providing crap model pix and giving you all that work smile.gif

As always..still learning.

regards

Måkjager

oooops..just seen your post Zimorodok .

What type of "request" do you have ?

[ May 19, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

Mostly late-war stuff that's hard for 'after-market' (we can paint a mono-color tank...) modders like myself to make mods for. Most of the Panthers, the late Tigers, the JagdPanther in particular. All the Stug IIIG's... BTS shipped them well camoed, but I, for one, am stymied on how to re-color them with something new.

So that's my request: late war German Stuff. If I had to pick just one, I'd pick the JPzV.

Zimorodok.

Hi Zimorodok , well that wee request list is about 1-2 years work for me :eek: ..but there are things on it i would also like to do ( ie...all of em ).

I will have to see how things go though before making my mind up to start any of them.

Regrads

Måkjager

That's many many years (about as many as it would take me to do just one)! Wow!

I was thinking of starting on the JgdPz V myself...I might, just might, be able to do something with it. If nothing else, it would be a good learning experience.

I had figured that since you had already done a (famous) mod for the JgdPanther for CMBO...a mod for CMBB would be easy :D

Zimorodok

Zimorodok....easy is the incorrect word to use...replace it with Time Consuming and you will be in the ball park ;) :eek:

While it would be possible to do something with my old JP for CMBB..i would much prefer to make a brand new one and take about 6 months off work to do it :D

best

Måkjager

oh, I'm sure it would take forever. I was just giving you a hard time.

I think I can do a reasonable mono version by copying some parts of the Panther A (Wheels/tracks...I'm no artist) and working from there. With any luck it won't take me 6 months...but we'll see.

Zimorodok

Sorry to interupt your conversation guys, but I've got a message for Panzermartin. His e-mail address isn't logged so I hope he comes back here..............Panzermartin, I have converted your PzIIIJ (Dunkelgrau) to every other grey PzIII in the game. These are what I would call 'proper' conversions - every bmp has been cut to match the BFC original with 100% accuracy. I have also used the opportunity to correct the dozens of mis-fitting parts on the BFC textures, re-draw stowage boxes,cupolas, driver ports for greater detail/historical accuracy. I was wondering if you could give permission to post the mods or perhaps send me your e-mail address so I can send you a load of pics - or better still, START MODDING AGAIN, then there won't be any need for me to spend weeks doing this sort of thing.

Regards

Zimorodok ...i will have a look later today in my JP mod files..and see if i can root out the basic dunkelgelb JP i used for my CMBO ones. It might be worth a try and a time saver....you may be able to use some of it ( superstructure and rear ) in combination with the CMBB Panther wheels...then do that steel trick and experiment with the colurs to try arrive at a mod that looks "blended".

Only an idea..and if it gets you your JP Mod..all the better smile.gif

regards

Måkjager

Hey Limey, I had deleted my mail adress cause I

wasn't using it anymore but I forgot to display

my new one. Please free to go ahead with the convertions. Originally, I had promised and I was planning to do them myself but I have the bad habit to lose interest easily when I do the same mod repeatively.

I'd be happy to receive some images of your convertions here : dim_martinos@yahoo.gr

As for restarting modding, I haven't actually ceased to experiment with my PsP and I have a few projects under construction but none of them is up to my expectations yet. That's why it's been a long time since I uploaded a mod. I'm constantly trying to raise my standards from mod

to mod and this can prove a tough and time consuming task.