Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I think there is a pin bug.

Too many times now units stay pinned/taking cover

well after they have been shot out, most recently a unit stayed pinned totally out of los of enemy while friendly units moved merrily by(within 2-3 meters)my pinned unit.How can one unit be pinned from enemy fire while others move happily by with no concern of enemy fire?

Pretty easily....

They're moving on the attack, get fired on, and drop to ground becoming pinned.

Just because other units happen to move by the same section of ground without any problems doesn't mean that the pinned unit will have the presence of mind and the courage to get up and start moving normally again. They're probably wavering between doing just that and breaking completely.

If you don't want to take my word for it, I have a really cool picture of the Canadians on Juno Beach on D-Day. It shows one squad on the ground acting like they're being fired at pretty badly. Other soldiers maybe 20-30 feet away are walking forward calmly without a care in the world.

Originally posted by Peterk:

If you don't want to take my word for it, I have a really cool picture of the Canadians on Juno Beach on D-Day. It shows one squad on the ground acting like they're being fired at pretty badly. Other soldiers maybe 20-30 feet away are walking forward calmly without a care in the world.

And you'll be posting that on the forum when?

Steve

The photo is in my paperback copy of The Longest Day. I'll see if I can drag my scanner out of the closet tomorrow.

Actually I goofed a bit in my recollection....

The caption reads:

"British troops land under fire. Beach is unidentified, but it is probably Gold. Note, at left, wounded men lying in water and others falling, while at right trooper strides calmly along beach."