Unit rarity in CMAK

A thing I'd like to see being dealt with:

Let's say there was CrapPanzer and ÃœberPanzer. In reality there were 3000 CrapPanzers and 1000 ÃœberPanzers in the field at one point in time.

So you'd expect to see CrapPanzers three times more often. But CrapPanzer came in three versions: CrpPz Ausf A, Ausf B and Ausf C, having equal shares of that 3000. Meanwhile there was only one version of the ÃœbrPz. So you can say that it is as likely to encounter on a battlefield CrpPz A, CrpPz B, CrpPz C or ÃœbrPz.

In CMBB terms, they'd have the same rarity figure. But! in CMBB QB's this means that CrpPz is just as common as ÃœbrPz, while in reality CrpPz would still have been three times as common as ÃœbrPz, no matter how many versions it was split into.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

This already seems to be in effect. I have noticed how regular infantry sometimes has say a StuG B at 20% and SS only at 10%. It just may not be very noticable at different times.

I'm refering more to units at different ends of the spectrum. ie, SS Cavalry and Heer Security. The Cavalry has access to the heavy armour, while the Security only has Souma's and similar tanks so the % for a Tiger should be alot higher than what it is now for a security unit.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

I'm refering more to units at different ends of the spectrum. ie, SS Cavalry and Heer Security. The Cavalry has access to the heavy armour, while the Security only has Souma's and similar tanks so the % for a Tiger should be alot higher than what it is now for a security unit.

I would like to see some historical evidence that the SS-Kavalleriedivision had Tigers attached to them first I guess. While it seems to have had an attached Stug battery, the simple fact of an SS connection would not mean that it had easier access to Tigers (sPzAbt were Heerestruppen in attachment status, regardless of whether they were SS or Heer, with the exception of some Tiger companies in early SS Panzerdivisionen) than any Heer security unit.

I thought I heard (read) somewhere that CMAK would definitely benefit from the MUCH better documentation of TO&Es in Africa. Don't know how finely BFC is willing to parse the data for availability sake, though.

BFC says the game's not going to be as big a jump as from CMBO to CMBB, but I think they took CMBB much farther than they had originally envisioned. I've got a feeling that by the time the CMAK's done we'll have some pleasant surprises ahead.

Originally posted by Andreas:

I would like to see some historical evidence that the SS-Kavalleriedivision had Tigers attached to them first I guess. While it seems to have had an attached Stug battery, the simple fact of an SS connection would not mean that it had easier access to Tigers (sPzAbt were Heerestruppen in attachment status, regardless of whether they were SS or Heer, with the exception of some Tiger companies in early SS Panzerdivisionen) than any Heer security unit.

My point is that Cavalry troops are much more likely to have a tiger supporting them then a Security company guarding a bridge from partisans 300 miles behind the front lines.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

My point is that Cavalry troops are much more likely to have a tiger supporting them then a Security company guarding a bridge from partisans 300 miles behind the front lines.

My point would be that they did pretty much exactly the same job when called upon. Hunting partisans, or plugging holes in the line. That one unit was SS, and the other Heer, was pretty immaterial, especially when it came to the attachment of Heerestruppen.

The easiest way to convince me (and presumably BFC) on this matter would be to show the AARs of SS-Kavallerie being supported by Tigers, in comparison to those of Heer Security forces.