New CMMOS mods...

You haven't seen anything yet!

I have learned how to do advanced rules which allow for more variations for the gamer.

ALSO the uniforms for Germany and Russian are essentially are done and "soon" you will be downloading a few each week.

I have also redone the Misc rules to allow for more variations and mods.

Only problem is that I am creating mods faster than they are being released.

MikeT

One minor point, I am getting CMMOS mods done to an artform now. I am crank one out in about 15 minutes, including time to eat a pizza.

This means that once a mod is out on CM Mod Database by that evening I have it done. At times I even create some special variations on a theme. For instance, Kingfisher worked up a nice PzKw38t mud covered mod, one I requested from him. Yesterday he sent me that mod, at work I made a CMMOS version and after looking at it decided to make the flag optional, add divisional markings (6th-7th-8th), and even made the turret tacnum optional. I did this at lunch.

The mods are being posted at CMHQ at 10 a week. A good release rate really. But there is a backlog at CM Mod Database and I have a backlog on my hard drive. I create so many uniform options, even a German helmet option based on Pieper1's work, that you can almost tailor a force depending on the year, weather, and unit and soon even for mud or dust (thinking of offering muddy or dusty boots), that it will be difficult for CMHQ to keep up.

MikeT

Mike T:

"...you can almost tailor a force depending on the year, weather, and unit and soon even for mud or dust (thinking of offering muddy or dusty boots..."

That is great, Mike. Thanks so much for your hard work!

With Biltong's rules, this will let the player choose a particular unit to follow through the war.

Hope this kind of thing (easy graphical switching) becomes part of the new game engine.

ben, it is possible and I have plans in the early stages to actually create a force for a particular unit. In fact I will start with the Grossdeutschland infantry regiment (1941-42) then a new set of rules when it becomes the GD Infantry Div, the when it becomes the GD PG Division.

It is possible, with some real work on my part, to create mods to relabel vehicles and uniforms for specific units or formations within a unit. I have done a tenative bit of work on this already. There is already the 250th Infantry Division, the Blues, which were Spanish infantry in German uniforms. This unit is already CMMOS.

MikeT