Throw some TNT on the fire before it Waffles and mind the Cheery renovations

Originally posted by Becket:

That being said, I'm completely drained of any desire to continue playing. Just send me the sig, I'll put it in my profile, and you can tell everyone you beat me. Deal?

Becket, welcome to the "I Surrendered to MasterGoodale and Discovered CMBB can Actually be Fun!" club. :D:D

Since now you've got an opening in your PBEM schedule, are you available for a small Abbott scenario?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears I have upset some of Eric Young's followers with a post on the General Forum. They have responded with bogus reviews of Road to Moscow at The Depot. I am a bit shocked at the moment and have no idea how to respond to it.

[ October 09, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

It appears I have upset some of Eric Young's followers with a post on the General Forum. They have responded with bogus reviews of Road to Moscow at The Depot. I am a bit shocked at the moment and have no idea how to respond to it.

Should the name Eric Young mean something to me? It doesn't. Oh well, let's see what's happening at the Scenario Depot.

Abbott point me to the thread! :mad: Please please please!!!! :mad: I wanna eat 'em up over there! :mad: GGRAGRAGRAGRGRGRAGR!!! I'll make them wish they were neverborn I swear it!!! :mad: I'll tear their limbs off with my teeth and spit it back into their face with TNT on top!!!! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Since now you've got an opening in your PBEM schedule, are you available for a small Abbott scenario?

I do indeed. Is this "Attack at Tasomething"? If so, I'm playing Abbott right now as the Soviet side, so it probably makes sense for me to play Soviets against you too.

Fire away!

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Should the name Eric Young mean something to me? It doesn't. Oh well, let's see what's happening at the Scenario Depot. </font>

Eric Young is the developer of the Close Combat series, GIC and Squad Assault, which just went gold.

He impressed me with his professionalism concerning this affair. I was and still am amazed at the entire affair and especially with Eric's response to it. That was VERY big of him after all the hell I have dished out towards him in the past six months. I am shocked and owed the man a thank you. I wish him luck with his new release Squad Assault.

I doubt it. The link doesn't work and, even if it did, you can see it's linked to a cnn.com story on battlefront.

Nice follow up review MG you raving loon. :rolleyes: The object is to make the scenario sound appealing, not disgusting.

Although I liked your earlier poetic image of legless soldiers hopping around. :D

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

What "hell" did you dish out Abbott? I'm confused :mad: And do you mean to tell me the guy actually posted that review himself?? :mad:

I have been a very out spoken critic of GI Combat and Eric Young. Eric stepped up on this one when he could have been laughing about it. He desrved and earned a thank you from me for it. That was a class move on his part.