Hi fellas, been gone a while, and have a few ?'s

I had a map set for November 41, dusk, light snow, air temp was cool and another time, set at cold, I heard crickets chirping in the background. Anybody else notice this? Russian crickets aren't that tough are they? Is this maybe a glitch?

#2 I haven't noticed any screams during battle were these taken out? If not can someone give me the Wav file numbers?

#3 Anybody have any info on Gunslinger's Real Color Mod? I came across a patch for it at the Mod database and was wondering what it was. there is nothing else there but the patch as far as I could find.

#4 I also saw a mod for a zigzag trench. Is this in the game or is it a mod that replaces something else?

I have the European version that I found at Comp USA Saterday. I installed it twice and got error messages both times. I was wondering if maybe somethings were left out during the install.

I have yet to see anything to do with sewers also.

Appreciate any enlightenment.

Mord.

Originally posted by Mord:

#2 I haven't noticed any screams during battle were these taken out?

I can't say if they're the same ones or not, but there are certainly screams to be heard. Try locking yourself to a fated unit in view one- you won't hear much way up in the clouds.

I have yet to see anything to do with sewers also.
What do you mean? If sewer movement is "allowed", (see your QB or SE settings), then units can move from a "heavy bldg" to another "heavy bldg" in a "large town". The command will show up in your little unit popup menu if it can be done.

It takes a long time, and (apparently) is hazardous.

Eden

I have the European version that I found at Comp USA Saterday. I installed it twice and got error messages both times. I was wondering if maybe somethings were left out during the install.
Do a search in the Tech Support forum on this one. The CDV version had some peculiarities. If you lived in North America, you should have just ordered the US version from the website. Much better deal.

And off topic... any news on what's been done about those CDV copies being sold in CompUSA?

[ January 14, 2003, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Ellros ]

Sewer movement 101: Need to have Sewer Movement enabled at scenario setup, be in a heavy building, be moving to a heavy building, be in command, and be Regular or better.

If all those criteria are met you can do it. It is VERY slow so don't expect to cross even moderate distances in less than 20 moves. There is also a small risk that the units will be lost/killed (i.e. disappear) which is reduced by commanders with stealth bonuses, and by the units quality.

Best used for crossing small distances which are covered by enemy fire (eg: single streets). Can be a great suprise unless your opponent has filled the building where you emerge full of SMGs, then the suprise is on you.

Zig-Zag trench: It's a Mod, try the Mod Database site.

[ January 14, 2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Ellros I hadn't planned on buying CM2 for maybe another couple months, when I ran into it at Comp USA I couldn't resist the temptation. I didn't relize it was the Euroversion at the time. Maybe BFC will trade me for the US version.

Thanks guys for clearing up the sewer thing. I thought it was something you put on the map yourself in the editor. I get it now.

Anybody have any idea about the Gunslinger Mod?

Mord.