Borg spotting? Gamey?..

G'day,

I've only recently picked up this sim, [ WTF have I been doing flying IL-2/FB :D ] I've noticed a few terms scattered throughout the forums that require a simple translation, 'borg spotting' and gamey, I have a rough idea but would appreciate it from the old' sweats what exactly are meant by these , cheers smile.gif

Borg Spotting means, I think, when one unit sees something, everyone, effectively, knows it is there. Since if your single survivor of a rumanian rifle squad sees 3 Soviet 76mm AT guns ready to ambush the Panther rolling down the road 4 KM away, you can then stop the Panther, even though, realistically, the single Rumanian not only doesn't speak German, he also has no way of telling anyone what he has seen.

Gamey means using quirks of the game in an unrealistic manner to acheive a beneficial result. This game is pretty good in not permitting gamey tactics though.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Borg Spotting means, I think, when one unit sees something, everyone, effectively, knows it is there. Since if your single survivor of a rumanian rifle squad sees 3 Soviet 76mm AT guns ready to ambush the Panther rolling down the road 4 KM away, you can then stop the Panther, even though, realistically, the single Rumanian not only doesn't speak German, he also has no way of telling anyone what he has seen.

Gamey means using quirks of the game in an unrealistic manner to acheive a beneficial result. This game is pretty good in not permitting gamey tactics though.

If you'd say "cannon" and point in a direction, holding up 3 fingers, I guess the Panther crew and the Romanian would understand.

But you have to be damn close to hear it.

Gruß

Joachim