Squad Assault - more realistic???

It ain't so!

You really need to learn to quote better!!! :mad:

Truth be told, Squad Assault is probably the best-looking, strategic-level World War II game to date. The uniforms, equipment, and weapons are convincingly accurate as are the accompanying sound effects. In this regard, this title outdoes even Combat Mission for all-out realism.

[ December 26, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: stikkypixie ]

Hahahha.... Yah right it outdoes CM in realism. The piece of crap game doesn't include: Accidently lighting up your whole platoon from the exhaust fume of your panzerfaust ( that is realistic tongue.gif ),doing awesome close combat ( i like the sounds of the whole close combat thing, reminds me to go watch some kick butt martial arts movies :D ) or having your super awesome 500mm heavy tank bogged down and then raped by some angry russian tank hunter. Yah I swear i have a picture of that but its a little innappropiate for the young ones :eek:

..Another GameSpy quote from the same article....

Unfortunately, Squad Assault falls short in a few areas. Built on the G.I. Combat engine, Squad Assault features a few of the same problems that plagued that title. The game crashed a couple of times and locked up briefly during intense firefights, but perhaps the biggest issue is the armor modeling.

Balancing in WWII games like this is always tricky, because much of the Allied equipment (including tanks) wasn't really on par with what the Germans had at the time. As a result, the balancing just seems off at times in the Allied favor. In some situations, the Shermans behave unnaturally like super tanks. While causal gamers might be forgiving and see as a type of "adjustment," it's exactly the kind of thing that drives hardcore WWII buffs away in droves.

Outdoes CM ? I think not !!

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

It ain't so!

You really need to learn to quote better!!! :mad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Truth be told, Squad Assault is probably the best-looking, strategic-level World War II game to date. The uniforms, equipment, and weapons are convincingly accurate as are the accompanying sound effects. In this regard, this title outdoes even Combat Mission for all-out realism.

</font>

While I like many Matrix games games, like Uncommon Valor...and I'm very anxious to get War in the Pacific when it is made, Squad Assault is one I won't touch with 10' pole. Mainly because it's done by same team that did that horrible GI Combat. If there is hell and heaven, those in hell play GI Combat and in heaven CM. That much there is difference in quality.

Cheers,

M.S.