Foolish

I know this will sound like I am complaining, and I guess I am, however, I am frustrated about this situation. I ordered this game on January 8,2003 unfortunately, I also ordered the Strategy Guide. Well I still have not received the game, and was finally told the reason I have not is due to the fact they are waiting for the guide to be updated. So when the guide comes in they will send me the game! I'm not sure this is fair or makes sense. It is now March,what if the book is not done until August? I believe this should have been pointed out a little more, or at least give me the customer the option if I would like the game shipped NOW and I'll pay for extra shipping when the Guide finally comes out. I now feel by the time I get this game it will be time for CMBBIII. Just needed to vent.

Guest konrad
Originally posted by Geoman:

I know this will sound like I am complaining, and I guess I am, however, I am frustrated about this situation. I ordered this game on January 8,2003 unfortunately, I also ordered the Strategy Guide. Well I still have not received the game, and was finally told the reason I have not is due to the fact they are waiting for the guide to be updated. So when the guide comes in they will send me the game! I'm not sure this is fair or makes sense. It is now March,what if the book is not done until August? I believe this should have been pointed out a little more, or at least give me the customer the option if I would like the game shipped NOW and I'll pay for extra shipping when the Guide finally comes out. I now feel by the time I get this game it will be time for CMBBIII. Just needed to vent.

Give this * game to this poor,poor men ,please...

konrad

Faithful Squire To SIR AUSSIEJEFF

Hello Geoman,

the Guide will definitely not be delayed as late as August, but it might take until the end of March. The order page is quite clear that if you order the Guide, you'll have to wait until it's available. We simply cannot eat $7 of S&H when the Guide is $15 in total, especially not after shredding the first edition to toilet paper.

However, your need for venting is understandable. We're probably even less happy than you are about the situation as you can imagine. Email matt@battlefront.com if you want to change your order, so that the items can be shipped separately (which means full shipping will be charged twice); or if you want to cancel the order. From what I heard, Matt will be sending out an email to all customers waiting offering these options shortly.

What else can I say except that we're sorry about the delay... redface.gif

Martin

I hate to say this, but what is happening here is some pretty poor customer service. I can understand battlefront viewpoint strictly as they are a small company.

However, in any other situation this would never be tolerated. As a member of the restaurant industry I have learned that customer satisfaction is key. And what is happening here makes me cringe.

I realize some things are different in the software industry, but to make a potential new customer wait an additional month to save $7 is suicide in my opinion. Make the customer happy.

They have shown that only 3 of 10 customers will brag about a fantastic experience in a restaurant. 9 out of 10 will complain as loud as possible about a poor experience. No amount of advertising can overcome that.

Don't make this mistake Battlefront. Ship the man his game.

My 2 cents

Ken

Originally posted by Javaslinger:

I hate to say this, but what is happening here is some pretty poor customer service.

Ken

In my opinion BFC have always shown an incredible willingness to maintain an extraordinary level of customer care and service. They don't need any reminders on how important customer care is..they wrote the guide on it smile.gif I feel Geoman's pain (who wouldn't) but I'm sure his issue will be rectified swiftly and professionaly. I'm convinced that this incident is an exception rather then the rule

Take Care

MG

P.S. I'm mostly posting this to clear my conscience. My above attempt at a joke may well be perceived as a smarta** bully tactic but it was more of a dumba** joke. I didn't think BFC would even hesitate about resolving this issue hence my feeble and unsuccessful attempt at humor

Javaslinger, it might have been poor customer service...

a) ...if not we had withdrawn the first edition from circulation to make sure that we release a quality and error-free product, losing quite a bit of money on the way and instead opting for customer satisfaction

B) ...if not we had announced the procudure (i.e. that any items ordered with a Guide will not ship until the Guide is available, and that it can take until February) from day one

c) ...if we would refuse to do anything about it now that the Guide is delayed (which goes back to point 1, we're making triple-sure we get it right, AND Mark is updating the Guide to 1.02), but we aren't - we will give everybody waiting the option to split or cancel the order or to continue waiting until it's done.

The problem is that this is not a single occurrance, but many hundreds of orders! We've been splitting backordered items in the past on our cost if the customer wasn't made aware of the backorder, but since the background to this whole story is somewhat different, it's just not possible. To use your example, imagine your restaurant full with a couple thousand people - and you have to hand out a free lunch to all of them...

Martin

OK...I haven't posted on here in like, a billion years, but I haven't known these guys to offer nothing but top notch customer service. When I first purchased CMBO, my order was one of group of orders that was lost. The boys stepped up and sent me the game overnight at their cost. Sounds like pretty good service to me.

Ok, before I BITE IT....

Let me just say that I have no personal problems with Battlefronts customer service. I think they're a fine company with an excellent product.

However, in this specific case, I think it is unfair to ask your budding customers to pay the price for what is essentially Battlefronts mistake. It is unfortunate they ran out of copies of the game, but that is understandable.

However, the problems with the strategy guide are Battlefronts mistake. Let me quickly say that they are doing an exemplary job fixing that and reissuing a corrected version.

Now the problem, as I see it, is that those individuals who chose to purchase the guide and game together and being forced to pay the price for Battlefronts oversight. The price being either fork out an additional shipping charge or wait a very long time for the game.

I understand that they were told that if ordered together the two would ONLY ship together. But it is unreasonable to believe that the consumer could have anticipated such a delay.

I can understand Battlefronts viewpoint, but I'm siding with the consumer. Call me crazy. We don't all have to agree. This is, as I said, just my 2 cents.

In closing, what I would do is ship the game seperately for those that request or 'complain'.

You don't have to ship it for everyone. Don't make it a big issue and the others will never know. A bit slimy, but that's how it's done every day in many businesses.

Thanks and let's be civil.

Ken

Javaslinger, obviously it's ok to disagree, and IMO your viewpoint is not correct.

Every customer ordering the Guide and another product has been notified before doing so that he might have to wait for weeks, and everybody has the option to not order the Guide, and wait instead. Everybody who has ordered the Guide before we stoppped shipping the first edition of the Guide is going to get their stuff without added cost. So in other words, we didn't force anybody to pay for our mistake.

Martin

I am sorry if this post caused a problem, (that was not the intent)when I ordered CMBB I did see where the guide was on backorder, however, I simply missed that part about shipping both together, that was my mistake. I do realize that a small company such as BFC certainly cannot afford to ship both. So, no problem,I thank all for their thoughts and I will survive it will simply make it more exciting when the Game and guide do finally get here. I continue to read the board and contiue to get some ideas and hints.

Thanks

Hi Geoman, thanks for your understanding! As I said, feel free to contact Matt and he'll cancel the Guide (meaning that the game will ship immediately). You will be refunded and can then reorder the Guide when it becomes available.

Martin