** Subtle-Ambient-Sounds mod **

Well, it depends on how loud your PC is and how loud you're listening.

The intention of the sounds is, not to hear them directly.

Only if you switch them off, you should notice something is missing.

If you would notice them without concentrating, then they would become annoying again.

ps: when you will have played CM for several months, maybe you'd become quite happy, to hear no birds and no effects anymore... ;)

That after game months some sounds are borings I understand it, but not to come to say me that, not listening determines sounds in your mods, depends on the volume of the sound or on the loud, I have listened to all the traces carefully and except that one of the rain the others are identical too, and not there are indirect sounds at least that a man not images it.

Otherwise I appreciate the idea, but I do not stop to think that you could make better.

KotH

[ March 24, 2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: kingofthehill ]

There used to be a really great ambient-sound mod for CMBO that had rifles popping off in the distance. I think it was converted from a medal of honor or close combat game. I forget, it was a long time ago. Anyway, I'd love to get my hands on that for CMBB!

-

Originally posted by Yaphank:

There used to be a really great ambient-sound mod for CMBO that had rifles popping off in the distance. I think it was converted from a medal of honor or close combat game. I forget, it was a long time ago. Anyway, I'd love to get my hands on that for CMBB!

-

Ditto. I'd rather hear distant artillery explosions and distant small arms fire than chirping birds.

Rain, leaves and wind effects I don't mind but when chirping birds come to the forefront, I've got a problem. Even birds are smart enough to "bug out" when the s**t hits the fan.

Check cmmods. ;)

Jordan "AstroCat"

...I ended up modding them a little myself but I'm uploading the mods in the original form to cmmods.

Originally posted by Bluefish:

It was the background sound from Medal of Honor. I lost all my CMBO mods when I switched to a better computer. It was a great sound mod. I wouldn't mind seeing it done for CMBB.

It was never posted anywhere for copyright reasons I believe.

[ March 26, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

Originally posted by AstroCat:

Check cmmods. ;)

Thats it!! :eek:

AstroCat,

I was a mod-slut pig with CMBO a few years ago and actually just bought the CMBB/CMAK bundle about 2 months ago. My old computer couldn't handle it and I just had to wait. I can't tell you how much I appreciate what your doing for us "newbies." Many of the mods I'm using right now wouldn't be possible if you hadn't put them back up! Thank you.

-Patrick

Glad to help! smile.gif

Jordan "AstroCat"

Originally posted by Bluefish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Ditto. I'd rather hear distant artillery explosions and distant small arms fire than chirping birds.

Thank you AstroCat , you just uploaded the best ambient sound mod ever created. :cool: </font>

Originally posted by AstroCat:

Check cmmods. ;)

Jordan "AstroCat"

...I ended up modding them a little myself but I'm uploading the mods in the original form to cmmods.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bluefish:

It was the background sound from Medal of Honor. I lost all my CMBO mods when I switched to a better computer. It was a great sound mod. I wouldn't mind seeing it done for CMBB.

It was never posted anywhere for copyright reasons I believe.

</font>

Rain, leaves and wind effects I don't mind but when chirping birds come to the forefront, I've got a problem. Even birds are smart enough to "bug out" when the s**t hits the fan.

De gustibus non disputandum est.

KotH