140+ Beautiful Maps just for You

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

set up zones on both or all sides. i forgot the name of the map that old dog had, i played it once where panthers took out my t34/85's

its just a suggestion but thnx for listening :D

Hi Noobie,

No we don't have one like that (yet)... should be quite easy to make one yourself - give it a try - making maps can be great fun ;)

Originally posted by theike:

I made alot of premade maps for person v person play......they are all downloadable on the CMMOD site, in the maps section.

So please take a look if u like.

Hi Yheike - I had a quick look and they look great!! Are you offering them?

BCR's maps are primarily for the campaign, which means they might have to be modified in some cases... Allied setup zones moved closer to flags; and variations made for the different Battle Types (eg an Axis Probe map will be very different from an Allied Assault map etc..)

Your maps will be mostly suitable for human ME's I would imagine...?

So - 3 questions:

1) Would you want to make the changes yourself? or

2) Can one of the BCR team make the changes for you?

3) You are aware that we offer maps for use by anyone, anywhere - no strings attached... If a person wants to put the maps into his own map pack and offer it to players - great - no insistance on permission or even recognition - Anyone can do with them whatever they want. ;)

LOL - think about it and if you still want to join in, you're very welcome :D

Biltong

Please feel free to use them for the purpuse u find them suitable for.

It would be nice if they get used.

I allready posted a topic with the question if anyone would like to use them for a senario setting. So im happy u ask...))

Think its better though, if i leave the changes up to u, since u know best what u want with them.

anyways; go grab...)

[ February 16, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

theike,

I have grabbed many of your maps and use them with BCR, but I have a question. Do you base them on real photos? The reason I ask is that some of them have an incredible amount of roadways, which would seem somewhat out of place in the Soviet Union of the 1940's, particularly in rural areas. It may well be realistic, just doesn't mesh with most of what I have read.

Keep up the good work.

No most are not done from real life.

the last 2 atm (46 and 47) and for H. Marsman...they are done from real pictures.

And yes...surely lesser roads on those..)

i dono when i do from memory, ore whatever, i teld to do too much.

And surely in some of the older city maps are way too many roads.

Maybe it has something to do with including as much options as possible within some realistic ground looks and rules.

It wont happen too much in the future...i hope )

btw;cool that u play them, its the first time i hear someone really does use them!! haha

[ February 17, 2003, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by theike:

Please feel free to use them for the purpuse u find them suitable for.

It would be nice if they get used....

Thanx Theike,

Would be nice if all the CMBB map designers were so accomodating ;)

It might be some time before I get to them - 1st have to finnish 42 South. Maybe this week-end? You don't have a zip with all of them included that you can send me and save me the downloads?

Much appreciated :D

Biltong

Guest Manstein22
Sandy, Laxx, Rob...

Thanx for your feedback guys- Manstein will be most pleased [[Razz]]

I wonder if he know's this post exist - better mail him.

Yes I stumbled over these mails of excitement last night and I was, to say the least, most flattered.

I devote a lot of time to even improve those maps of the first batch as they are not to my present standard.Thank you all for your fantastic feedback.

So I want to make some things clear

As we are simulating the battles of a small unit lets say a Panzergrenadier Co and assisting Stugs we have a very small task area ( Gefechtsstreifen) that was for that size of unit in Russia not more than 0,5 km for a battalion size 1 km in the attack and 2,5 km defending. That is the reason I made all these narrow maps. As things developed with Apaches help smile.gif we need broader maps. I`m constantly searching for original maps suitable for that.

New maps will arrive, also for BCR 42

Most pleased ;) Manstein22

Biltong's feedback of my first maps, while somewhat painful, has proven very helpful. If someone has played BCR on my initial maps from Cozog's place, and would like to give some honest feedback, please feel free. I, also, admire Manstein22's maps, and don't want to look like a total scrub next to his. I do plan, however to stick to early Barbarossa, small, open terrain, more rural maps, for now at least. Thanks in advance

Zigwied

Originally posted by Zigwied:

... I do plan, however to stick to early Barbarossa, small, open terrain, more rural maps, for now at least. Thanks in advance

Zigwied

Good idea Zig - we need more of those... Most designers are scared of the small open maps since they are quite difficult to make interesting... It takes guts to tackle the difficult ones first ;)

Originally posted by Stacheldraht:

Biltong: which document on that site contains the map listing?

Thanks.

Just had a look - I see there's no PDF for the Map Rules.

I think MS offers a 'viewer', but I don't have it - Maybe have a look at the MS site and see if you can find it.

Or maybe some one else can help here?

Sorry :(

Biltong

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

These maps are great. I am having an absolute blast playing them.

However, on the Tworodski ME map, I am being very vexed by a LOS issue. I think it is a bug, but y'all veterans know these things better than me.

The left hand German approach road has several "black holes." From the road, I cannot LOS a line from the road to the ridge in front though it is clearly high ground. Furthermore, I should be able to see straight down the road until past the ridges but can't. Is that normal?

Just thought I would bring it up in case no one else noticed. Nonetheless, fabulous maps. Keep up the good work. :eek: