Announcing an amazing, simultaneous two MOD pack RELEASE!!!

Ok, now that I have your attention :D

Two all new mod sets--Heer and Luftwaffe panzer uniforms! The Heer set includes both black panzer and field gray assault gun uniforms, and the Luftwaffe set includes black, grey, and really cool splinter camo outfits, as well as a nifty blue hat.

Heck, I wasn't even planning on doing these mods but I started fiddling around with a camo panzer wrapper using my Luftwaffe splinter pattern that I worked up for the Fallschirmjäger mod, and one thing led to another and presto, I had all these Luftwaffe, Heer, and Waffen-SS panzer crew mods lying around.

Whoops! Did I say Waffen-SS mods? Oops. No, certainly don't have any of those waiting in the wings. Nosiree, a slip of the tongue, er keyboard, is what that was. ;)

Oh, yeah, I bet you all want to see some pictures.

lw1.jpg

heer1.jpg

The LW StuG uniform isn't seen here, but it's not all that different (although certainly not the same) as the Heer mod. Oh, and the Heer crew dude in black is wearing the wrong belt buckle in the screenshot. I fixed it in the release version.

Did I mention how hard it is to get these little SOBs out of their tanks to take some decent screenshots? smile.gif

Run, don't walk to the CM Mod Database!

[ January 05, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Did I mention how hard it is to get these little SOBs out of their tanks to take some decent screenshots? smile.gif

You should take lessons from MasterGoodale. He's quite good at getting his tank crews some fresh air.

Great work Andrew.

Cheers,

Jason

Originally posted by Axe2121:

You should take lessons from MasterGoodale. He's quite good at getting his tank crews some fresh air.

Great work Andrew.

Cheers,

Jason

:D

Let me rephrase that: it's hard getting the little buggers to sit still because they're either 'sploding or running off the edge of the map!

Andrew, thank you very much, I really like your work, and I will never stop playing CMBB and CMBO as long as mods are released with this kind of quality. Heh, people complaining that this game doesnt have "l33t c001 duD3" graphics don't seem to realize CM looks totally different every month thanks to you modders !

Glad you all like them. Waffengrenadier threads are all pretty much done, there are just so many that I need to figure out how to organize them.

So far I have

Set 1: black and gray panzer wrappers

Set 2: autumn and spring plane-tree camo coveralls

Set 3: autumn oakleaf and 44-dot panzer wrappers

Does anyone see the need for a third option--field gray StuG uniform, which was common for all pzr crews at the end of the war--for set three?

Andrew, I've lost count of the number of times I've praised your work so take it as read. However, can I ask a probably silly question regarding the Grey Heer variant (I don't like commanding black dressed Nazis unless I have to!)

I notice in the readme that you say it shares a texture with early SS uniforms. So if I install it will any early black SS uniforms have a grey cap on top? If this can't be avoided I'll do it anyway but I wondered if there is a workaround?

Thanks.

BMP 9020 is used by both the Waffen-SS (throughout the game) and by early-war Heer tank crews. Too bad they're not separate textures. So yes, installing the whole package will overwrite the BMP in question.

On another note, I just realized I forgot to add the early Luftwaffe cap to the set. Oops. Should be simple enough to make. I'll update the mod pack ASAP and make the cap available as a separate download so those of you who already have it don't need to download the whole set again.

smile.gif