New Halftrack MOD Ready Now! Lotsa Pix!

I decided to see what my Sd Kfz 251 mod would look like in panzer gray. Not as easy as I thought, though. Many hours and several fights with the wife later here it is ;)

It seems I forgot to add the download link. It was late and I was tired... get it at www.cmmods.com

Some views of the Sd Kfz 251/1 Ausf. C

251_1.jpg

251_1_1.jpg

251_1_2.jpg

251/10

251_10.jpg

251/2

251_2.jpg

Standard mod has Großdeutschland unit markings and aerial recognition flag. Options for unmarked (except for crosses) and Waffen-SS versions are included.

Ready for download in about ten minutes. smile.gif

[ August 04, 2003, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Very nice as usual Andrew. I do love to see mods from you they are always so sharp and detailed and the marking you always throw in just gives them that extra something. Fine job and thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been waiting for some more good HT's. I hate them in the game cause they never last long but sometimes just sometimes they come through for you with that awesome firepower they have and can ruin your opponents day. Thanks Andrew for another excellent mod.

Andrew, one minor nagging problem. The pics show Grossdeutchland division markings. But the GD didn't receive their SdKfz251s until after Kursk and so they would be yellow camo.

There were some 250s in GD recon units but the 251s, at least from what I found out, were deployed around Sept 1943.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

Andrew, one minor nagging problem. The pics show Grossdeutchland division markings. But the GD didn't receive their SdKfz251s until after Kursk and so they would be yellow camo.

There were some 250s in GD recon units but the 251s, at least from what I found out, were deployed around Sept 1943.

MikeT

Well, fine then, Mr. Nitpick, just humiliate me in public why don't you? ;)

You're probably right, but I claim "Artistic License". So there. tongue.gif

So... what unit marking would you *want* to see on there? smile.gif

Andrew just wanted to say again how excellent looking these HT's are. I had a chance to use them in a game and they look so darn nice. Those markings are great. What a very nice job you did. Any hopes that you will do the rest of the HT's? Pushy bunch aren't we? redface.gifsmile.gif

Personally, I don't see what the problem is with the flag. It's not supposed to be camouflage, but an aerial recognition marker so it's supposed to be bright and colorful just like in real life. smile.gif

It looks good in-game, so give it a try. There's a flagless option in case you just can't stand it anymore. I tried to tone down the colors (more than they are already) but it just ended up looking very unconvincing. If anyone wants to take another go at it then please do so. I'll be interested to see what can be done.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Personally, I don't see what the problem is with the flag. It's not supposed to be camouflage, but an aerial recognition marker so it's supposed to be bright and colorful just like in real life. smile.gif

It looks good in-game, so give it a try. There's a flagless option in case you just can't stand it anymore. I tried to tone down the colors (more than they are already) but it just ended up looking very unconvincing. If anyone wants to take another go at it then please do so. I'll be interested to see what can be done.

Andrew,

Very nice job as always. If you want ideas for a more weathered/faded looking flag, you can look at my "Der Schweinestall, Dunkel Grau" halftrack mods which include flag options.

Gordon

You just keep on drinking that fine wine I send you for your fine efforts, 'cause your mods are always A1 in my book Andrew. Clear, detailed as one gentleman mentioned before. Keep it up.

Just plain beautiful...

Kindest regards,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>