Tough Bunkers - A myth?

I've been reading many articles about bunkers that stated that they are virtually immune to arty fire.I'd like to share an experience I had on an email game game CMBB v 1.00

My opponent started the game with a pre planned barrage and a shell landed directly on top of one of my bunkers forcing the crew to bail out from the first second.

This is right though, as a shell on top of a concrete building should really shake it's occupants denying them the strength to stay in there and start a fight.

My experience with CMBB is that *log* bunkers can be KOed by 105mm direct hits and upward. But that concrete ones can be fired at by entire modules of 152, 203, and 210 caliber stuff without even getting their hair mussed.

As for the historical reality, bunkers sometimes withstood direct hits by aircraft bombs and naval gunfire. On some of the central pacific islands, the US bombarded positions for a week with battleships and cruisers, following up with airstrikes right before invasion, and half to a third of the garrison was still alive to fight afterward.

Hi Alex,

I´m really sorry for your bunker :rolleyes: but i don´t think that is was my 158mm rocket attack which knocked out your bunker.

I think that my well positioned five tanks + 105mm field gun were responsible for the bailout of your men.

In fact neither of these units had a chance to penetrate your bunker they only fled because of the simultanous fire also known as "hail fire".

But maybe you are talking about another bunker not visible for me ehhhh? :cool:

Thanks for making it clear Michael but if you watch carefully the video you'll notice just before the crew bails out ,a blast on the roof of the concrete bunker and that's a shell from artillery weapon.It might be from your field piece or a rocket.However, you might be right about the hail fire.We'll have to wait until game ends to see what really happened.