Does anyone besides me love the finnish?

When I play CMBB, I loveto play as the Finns. Its just something about playing the underdog who somehow manages to put up a great fight. However, i really dont seethat mnay post on this forum regarding the Winter War. Is anyone besides me a Finn Fanatic? Also, ive been looking for some good Finnish scenarios (I was dissapointed by the ones supplied in the game). Doe anyone know where I can find some?

Originally posted by Björn Eriksson:

I hate the sauna-bathing scum called finns. They are better than us at ice-hockey and therefore they must die :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

Tjänare, my Swedish friend. Today our countries meet in ice-hockey.

Our team has played very poorly in this tournament, but I'm sure we always beat one Sweden :cool:

This win will be our last in the tournament, unfortunately.

I won't see that game, because I'll go to watch the games in Turku (CAN-GER & CZE-RUS)

Originally posted by SomethingClever:

Also, ive been looking for some good Finnish scenarios (I was dissapointed by the ones supplied in the game). Doe anyone know where I can find some?

Start with this scenario then move on. I found most of the battles by this designer very well made, though I have not played them all. But I believe all of them are on the Winter War, which is not really covered by CMBB, but they play just fine.

http://ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission//CMBBscenarioreview03.php?UniqueID=127&Name=Making+Motti

• 2 weeks later...

To the first post.

The reason why Winter War is so rarely mentioned, is probably because CMBB doesnt cover that war.

I do try to love as many finns as possible, but some of us are way unlovable. The rest are merely unapproachable and hostile.

I have been thinking about getting CMBB for a while, but had pretty much decided not to since I dont really care that much about the eastern front, and since CMAK will be coming out soon.

But I have been reading A Frozen Hell , and now I am really wanting to see if I have enough sisu to whoop a swarming hoard of Ruskies.

Are the Winter War scenario's worth buying the game for? Are there ski troops in CMBB? What about Finnish Puukkos?

Oh, and in answer to the topic question: yes, I love the Finns.

[ May 22, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Dodge ]

Originally posted by Cpl Dodge:

I have been thinking about getting CMBB for a while, but had pretty much decided not to since I dont really care that much about the eastern front, and since CMAK will be coming out soon.

But I have been reading A Frozen Hell , and now I am really wanting to see if I have enough sisu to whoop a swarming hoard of Ruskies.

Are the Winter War scenario's worth buying the game for? Are there ski troops in CMBB? What about Finnish Puukkos?

Well, actually the Finnish Winter War is not exactly in the game because the game starts from 1941. However, early war Finnish stuff and Russian stuff are so similar to what they were in 1939-40, that it enables reproducing those events through scenarios. With the exception that there's no T-28 medium tanks, unfortunately, but still. There is even one Winter War scenario on the cd, and more at The Scenario Depot. And yes, in those you get to whoop a horde... or worse, get whooped BY a horde.

There are ski troops in CMBB. The feature is not perfect, but it does what it is meant to do, ie. allow speedy movement across deep snow. No Finnish knives, not that you would get close enough to use them, usually.

If you want a tactical level wargame that lets you play Finns, this is your best bet. Unfortunately it is pretty much the only one at the moment. Anyway, it's really got so many things to offer, things like T-34's, that if you liked CMBO, you'll probably start digging more information about the Ost Front as well. Besides, it IS the western front. For Russians! tongue.gif

Originally posted by Stoffel:

have a look at their infantry bn's.

they have a great AT capability,3 man panzerschreckteaams with 9 rounds!

At hunterteams and guns with a lot of infantry

I saw just a while a go a TV documentary about Continuation War. This one veteran said, that they got wooden boxes from Germany and they included Panzerfausts and Panzerschreks. They had only instructions in German and this vet understood the text and explained it to the fellow soldiers.

There was this one guy who listened with great interest and then he took about 5 fausts with him and went off. Few hours later he came back and he managed to destroy 4 Russian tanks, which was later confirmed.

Pretty cool result from a green faust-user.