The other UK tournament - NOWT special !

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lou2000:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jiggles:

Lou has started shooting at me! Is there a special prize for being first to be shot at in the first two rounds? smile.gif

Grrrr, damned trigger-happy Germans, loosing off their shooters all over the place :D

I'm going to have to play that movie turn again ... I thought it was your guys who started first :confused: </font>

I can confirm that Justin and I are nearing the end credits.

I can further confirm that I am getting a hammering of Burnleyesque proportions, so unless I get points for scratching the paint on a couple of T-34's I am not going to do a lot for team <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">RED</FONT> and its premiership push this round :D

Edited because I finally worked out how to make RED <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">RED</FONT>

[ April 29, 2003, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Nestor ]

Nestor isn't quite doing himself justice.

He has actually quite dented several of my T34s, chaffed a couple of my men's knees and nearly had somebody's eye out, all is 25 minutes.

Frankly, I going to be writing to the Health and Safety Executive about his outlandish behaviour.

Seriously, its been a fun game and Nestor is a courteous gentleman of character.

Wot - No results ;)

For what its worth inmy battle with jiggles we have just lost a tank each ... and I have spent the last 10 turns ducking from mortar / artillery fire .............

I'm sure he must have found some unknown 'power-up' for spotters !!!!

*Bump*

My game with Lou has just entered injury time. I'm desperately hoping for a small number of extra turns (pref. none!), as my guys are currently defending some very exposed flags against some very angry half-tracks!

Going to be a close one...!!!

Originally posted by jiggles:

*Bump*

My game with Lou has just entered injury time. I'm desperately hoping for a small number of extra turns (pref. none!), as my guys are currently defending some very exposed flags against some very angry half-tracks!

Going to be a close one...!!!

Please ... just a few more turns ... Please !

And there I was thinking you'd want to post to let everybody know your Valentine just killed my Tiger ...... Shhhhhhh .... I'd like to keep that one quiet.

...............Oh damn :D

Nestor and I have finished out game with the following result in my favour :D . If you squint hard enough you might just see the result (I was painfully aware that I'd posted a LARGE picture last time).

score3.gif?0.7726233833211222

Thanks to Nestor and good luck to him in the next round.

Lou - Sorry to be vague, but I've got alot on just at the moment. Could you tell me who my opponent will be in the next game and I'll happily take it from there.

GO GREENS, GO GREENS, GO GREENS (ahem).

Originally posted by Justin5471:

I think it's NickT isn't it? Could you let me know? I'm easily confused :confused:

The next games are......

Quarter Finals:

NickT (2909 points) Vs Justin5471 (1416 points)- So NickT gets to choose sides and does the setup.

Play-off's:

FireFly (287) Vs Nestor (185)

With FireFly taking the choice and setup.

Yet another Allied victory ..... it certainly looks like the settings were biased in their favour. However I'm fairly sure the round 2 settings are much closer.

My round 2 game with Jiggles is into overtime and I wouldnt like to make a call on the outcome. Especially after he took out my Tiger.

I'd be interested in knowing how CSM Hollis & Mr Byte are finding the new settings ... especially after their early armour losses.

I'll update the pages shortly.

Well done Justin ... at least one of the green team managed to get to the next round ;)

Thanks, we're just a little slow to get started, that's all. Tortoise and hare sort of a thing, I'm sure everyone understands...

Not a problem ... there are still 2 round 1 games running, but both are getting close to the end (i think). Just good to see at least one of our green team who is NOT playing in the losers round ;)

The pages have been updated and can be found HERE - just follow the link tot he NOWT page.

Keep them coming guys ... once all round 2 games have started I'll open up a new thread.

Set up is on it's way to Nestor, with me playing as the defenders of the Motherland. I hope we can finish, but I'll warn everyone that I'm currently having PC problems, particularly running CM (anyone who would like to help/laugh can look in the Tech Support Forum), so if I inexplicably disappear the win should be credited to Nestor.

Well, the first losers round game has now finished, with Lou handing my butt to me.

Actually the game was very close. After about 25 moves of my heroic arty spotters keeping him at bay by virtue their first-rate ammo management, he started making his move, and in style too! It helped me that his Tiger developed *cough* mechanical trouble *cough* (gotta love the 6 pdr). The last few moves were a nail-biting race to get my tanks LOS on his half-tracks dominating the flags, but the bell rang a few moves too early for me.

Well played Lou! Look forward to the AAR!