EASTER EGGS! How to get soldiers to occupy a church steeple in CMBB

asteeple.jpg

Sorry if this has been pointed out before; but I was a bit amazed at his setup I was fooling around with in the editor.

I ordered a squad on the ground floor of a large heavy building to run up to the 2nd floor. For some reason the run line extended through the roof to an imaginary 3rd level.

The troops actually ran up this line and were suspended in mid air.

I swapped out the heavy building for a church, and now the troopies run up to the steeple.

The trick?

There is a heavy landbridge attached to the building.

asteeple1.jpg

It's not a trick of perspective - you can see the troops are clearly above the horizon here. Too bad they're not actually inside the steeple, but you can't have everything.... :rolleyes:

[ September 14, 2003, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

It would be interesting to know what degree of exposure those troops had.

Michael

Calls for some tests, don't it....the interface shows them as being in "heavy building", I am guessing it is just a glitch caused by the bridge; I think the computer still considers them on the 2nd level of a heavy building.

Hi Michael

Yep I discovered that in the Small battles, Grain elevator scenario. By using bridges I could get guys on top of roofs - the only problem is they are rather exposed since the program treats them like they are standing on a bald ass bridge.

Kudos for taking it one more step to church steeples.

Oh well someday in CMx2 we'll look back at this and smile.

Hmmmm I was looking for a way to get a flying Djinn into an Arab Israeli 1948 scenario....

Originally posted by Hans:

Hi Michael

Yep I discovered that in the Small battles, Grain elevator scenario. By using bridges I could get guys on top of roofs - the only problem is they are rather exposed since the program treats them like they are standing on a bald ass bridge.

Kudos for taking it one more step to church steeples.

Oh well someday in CMx2 we'll look back at this and smile.

Hmmmm I was looking for a way to get a flying Djinn into an Arab Israeli 1948 scenario....

Heh...read my review of that battle at the scenario depot.... ;)

Originally posted by Hans:

Simple. Get two mountains and any other two lands into play, tap all four, and summon the dang Djinn! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

EDITED cause I hate all the muthalov'n NAZIS on this forum! :mad:

[ September 15, 2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]