Who read the rules?

Me. If a manual comes with a game, I nearly always take the time to study it, and the CM manuals have all been most helpful (even if in need of some editing).

;)

I got EU2 a month ago and spent a week studying the manual and going over the tutorial before I ever tried to play it. It's another very complex game.

Michael

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I got EU2 a month ago and spent a week studying the manual and going over the tutorial before I ever tried to play it. It's another very complex game.

Michael

I bet you iron your underwear too, don't you. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Michael

Well before this descends into a discussion about the mating habits of the wild Emrys.

Comments on starting up

Disc in and refer to the manual as necessary. Since CMBB I've liked to start with a default QB and see how it goes. At some point I read the entire manual, usually a week or so after I've started playing.

Underwear? Underwear is for those who cannot creatively re-use their fast food hamburger wrappings - they are great, free, except sometimes the little bits of cheese dry up and get itchy.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Michael

Maybe this is why the index always irritated me. After having played the demo, I mostly just dove in and tried to look stuff up as the issues came up. CMBB was even worse than CMBO in that respect.

Recent examples: How to clear mines. I almost never have Pioneers near mines that can't bypass. I eventually found that one.

There is something about when ski troops take their skis off. Gave up looking for that one.