Different costs in editor and QB generator?

Rarity is not an obvious explanation. In the case of the infantry company mentioned above, the differenc of 24 points is made up of a 2 point difference on each infantry squad (there are 12 squads, and they cost 22 in the editor and 24 in the QB generator). Rarity should not AFAIK apply to infantry squads.

Also, all eligible units have a rarity percentage listed in the editor. In fact, It's not obvious how to turn rarity off in the editor, but I guess there's a setting somewhere.

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

Rarity is not an obvious explanation. In the case of the infantry company mentioned above, the differenc of 24 points is made up of a 2 point difference on each infantry squad (there are 12 squads, and they cost 22 in the editor and 24 in the QB generator). Rarity should not AFAIK apply to infantry squads.

Also, all eligible units have a rarity percentage listed in the editor. In fact, It's not obvious how to turn rarity off in the editor, but I guess there's a setting somewhere.

Cheaper infantry squads are usually a result of buying bigger formations. Did you buy exactly the same units in the editor?

The physical stats (fitness) of the units may also effect the value of squads (incl. all hand help hvy weapons). Note that guns and tanks are not object to fitness.

Did you ensure you bought the same quality (exp. and fitness) troops in the same formations in both cases?

IMHO rarity is always off in the editor. Balancing is done by the designer, not by the rarity system. If a scen depicts the actions of the 501. sPzAbt in 1945, rarity of PzVI is 0% ;)

Playing BCR41 with the SE, I usually multiply the point cost in the editor with 100%+rarity to derive the point cost of a given unit in the QB generator. Comparing with the list prices in the following QB generation, I never noticed a difference.

rgds

Joachim

Originally posted by Scarhead:

Cheaper infantry squads are usually a result of buying bigger formations. Did you buy exactly the same units in the editor?

The physical stats (fitness) of the units may also effect the value of squads (incl. all hand help hvy weapons). Note that guns and tanks are not object to fitness.

Did you ensure you bought the same quality (exp. and fitness) troops in the same formations in both cases?

Same unit (Soviet mechanized, june 1941. Green Rifle company from a Tank battallion, Fit)

IMHO rarity is always off in the editor. Balancing is done by the designer, not by the rarity system. If a scen depicts the actions of the 501. sPzAbt in 1945, rarity of PzVI is 0% ;)

Playing BCR41 with the SE, I usually multiply the point cost in the editor with 100%+rarity to derive the point cost of a given unit in the QB generator. Comparing with the list prices in the following QB generation, I never noticed a difference.

Having rarity off in the editor makes sense, I guess the listed rarity is just for show then. But in this case the difference was for infantry squads, and I think :confused: that they should cost the same.

Perhaps someone else can replicate this effect? I did try every check I could think of.

Originally posted by LeeW:

I turned rarity to "none" in the QB and got the exact same results as the editor! Variable and standard gave the two point per squad cost hike in the QB.

smile.gif

lee

Well, Waddya know smile.gif

So, Rarity does apply to infantry after all. Unless that is indeed a bug.

Thanks, Lee. I should have tried that myself. I just assumed that infantry costs did not depend on rarity.