Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

T34's able to fire indirect?

I've just witnessed a rather weird movie from CMBB where my T34/76 appeared to be firing indirectly at its area fire target spot. The barrel of the gun was pointing way up into the sky and every time it fired a very small wisp of smoke appeared when compared with the standard large "pillow" of smoke one normally sees when firing directly at a target.

It really was quite strange because I had another T34 firing at a location that was just in its LOS over a ridge yet it fired normally (and always short into the ridge) while the seeming indirect fire of the other T34 was pretty darn accurate at hitting the target spot I had nominated which also was just in LOS and over a ridge.

Has anybody else ever seen such weird behaviour from a T34 or any other tank for that matter?

Regards

Jim R.

I've seen tanks fire cannister at a fairly high arc in order to reach targets at 250 meters range (or so). Apparently cannister shot is such a low velocity projectile that it's necessary to "lob" it at even moderate ranges. I'm impressed that CM models this.

Must have felt like hard rain on the other end.

Pretty well any munition the T34 fires would be a pretty flat trajectory at 500m range.

Oh, you said it was a CMBB 'clip' and not real life? Ooooh, Tanks can't fire indirect in CMBB... as a matter of fact NOTHING in the game can fire indirect except mortars with officers in command. It's got to be cannister... I think.

[ August 25, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Yes you're right S.B. it is our battle. The crazy angle of the barrel as if its trying to shoot down a plane is what's so odd about it along with the really thin whisp of smoke every time it fires. I'm tempted to send the relevant file to BFC but they probably wont be interested as it's under ver. 1.02 of the game.

Regards

Jim R.