Ladder top spot up for grabs!

As I've been mentioning elsewhere,I'm retiring from Rugged Defense shortly as soon as my current games are finished,to pursue other projects.

So here's a golden opportunity for those who've pointed out my 65% win ratio is nothing special.

After all if a crap player like me can become a Cmbb Ladder Leader,ANYBODY can do it!

Simply drop an e-m to RD boss Ed Vos at cyberfox@rugged-defense.nl and you're IN, no complicated membership ritual to go through like in BoB,and you'll be on the ladder as soon as you complete 3 games,wow, not 10 like in BoB !

"I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,straining upon the start..!" (Henry V)

Go for it ! :cool:

[ April 05, 2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Poor Old Spike ]

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike:

As I've been mentioning elsewhere,I'm retiring from Rugged Defense shortly as soon as my current games are finished,to pursue other projects.

So here's a golden opportunity for those who've pointed out my 65% win ratio is nothing special.

After all if a crap player like me can become a Cmbb Ladder Leader,ANYBODY can do it!

Simply drop an e-m to RD boss Ed Vos at cyberfox@rugged-defense.nl and you're IN, no complicated membership ritual to go through,and you'll be on the ladder as soon as you complete 3 games,wow!

"I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,straining at the start..!" (Henry V)

Go for it ! :cool:

Mr Spike,

It would appear that you are going to keep popping up. It would also appear that there is some bad blood re: the RD ladder and you being excluded from the BoB ladder.

From your post and others I can conclude that you are in the top spot at RD and very proud of that fact..not to mention vocal. This has brought catcalls from some corners as can be expected.

May I suggest that CM is a very "deep" game. By that, I mean it has many measures of success and the RD ladder is but one. Like trying to measure physical fitness, a ladder is akin to push-ups. You my friend can do the most push-ups but this does not make you the most fit individual in the game.

May I suggest a couple of things to broaden your CM experience. I say this as it is obvious you are motivated to master the game but like the residence of Plato's cave you can't quite see past the shadows.

First off is the RoW tourney. Without a doubt the apex of tactical challenge. Unbalanced scenarios and playing with the forces you get is much more realistic and I would argue a "full body" workout. The winners of RoW I & II are outstanding players of the game, of this there is little doubt.

Secondly may I recommend a meta-campaign. This takes CM to another level. The CMMC or Bear&Tigers (I have an opening at the KG level if you are interested) are two good examples. These games force one to play inside a much bigger picture and "embiggen" us all through cooperative efforts required to win.

Just a humble suggestion.

Too bad you don't play CMBO or I'd whip your skinly, little, young behind you .....you...CMBB Ladder Leader. But I guess a real man's game is too much for you, huh kid? Be off with you before I buy the game, learn how to play it, although I probably wouldn't have to learn much to take you on and wipe the board up with your troublesome self. Ok now seriously Mr. CMBB Ladder Leader I hate to see you go I alway enjoy reading your humorous posts. I think they are pretty funny and do get a laugh out of them. You are a card. Take care. PS; I sure hope none of these guys know where you live. They don't do they? Good. Safer that way.

Poor Old Spike is:-

Mick Godwin (54-yr-old hardcore grog and Commandant of Headshots Battle Academy)

Flat 2

295 North Road West,

Plymouth PL1 5DJ

England.

(phone 01752 250 928)

(e-mail mickplym@aol.com)

Anything else?

(Oh by the way-I daresay I shall be popping up in various cmbb competitions etc.) :cool:

(Edit to add-Any of you hotshots can of course look me up if ever you're in town or need a place to stay)

[ April 05, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Poor Old Spike ]

Mick Godwin (54-yr-old hardcore grog and Commandant of Headshots Battle Academy)

Flat 2

295 North Road West,

Plymouth PL1 5DJ

England.

(phone 01752 250 928)

Anything else?

(Oh by the way-I daresay I shall be popping up in various cmbb competitions etc.) :cool:

Thats 00 +44 1752 250 928 to most.

Just trying to be helpful.

Yeknod

Originally posted by redwolf:

Oh how I wish the old tournamenthouse gang would still be around.

Your 65 games experience would be in for a nasty little surprise against a 400-games/year skelley, not to speak of Swamp or von Schalburg.

or the 100% wins of Tec tongue.gif

Flat 2

295 North Road West,

Plymouth PL1 5DJ

England.

(phone 01752 250 928)

Anything else?

(Edit to add-Any of you hotshots can of course look me up if ever you're in town or need a place to stay)

But, but, but... I heard a gossip that you are The RD Cmbb Ladder Leader. Is it true? Please, make finally a clear statement.

Are you The RD Cmbb Ladder Leader???

It is very important for all of us.

Straif

You know, sometimes I forget I am reading the forum of an accomplished tactical battlefield simulator, and I imagine I am reading the forum of a bunch of geriatric mah jong players with false teeth, feuds, arthritis and goiters. Keerist you guys can get cranky sometimes.

Poor Old Spike is worth a laugh, and don't let it get to you. Let your accomplishments speak for yourselves, if you really think beating others at a ***GAME*** is such an accomplishment.

in an other topic I offered you a "real"game with real forces on a map created by a third player.

not QB with specially thought off (historically rediculous forces)only to make sure you can win a game.

famous example:

Small maps with 4 MK IV(long barreled)and 4 Pak 40 in trenches(wow what an interesting force pick to overcome lower experienced russians in 42 :rolleyes: )

Or buying 8 76 mm guns in a defend game in trenches,knowing about the bug to engage guns.

but still I heard nothing,guess it takes a more braver man,like for instance TABPUB who does take such a challenge and even won it.

BTW, since you yourself said you are Headshot you are subject of being kicked out of the ladder again IMHO.

Cheating like that is very bad and childish.

If you are kicked and you do return with an other name than you truly are a low life troll which has only one purpose: ruining other peoples pleasure and interest in the game.

hell,I did not know about the existence of that topic. redface.gif

Thanks Lou ,I will make sure the proper people read it today.

Also thanks battlefront for sharing that info with us

Time to kick some but ,befor some laddermasters give up their good work :mad:

Originally posted by Stoffel:

Also thanks battlefront for sharing that info with us

Well POS told us himself that he was the same person as VG et al, I think he was getting upset that BFC were taking so long to re-ban him.

Did we ever find out who the RD ladder leader is though? :D