203mm spotter + 4 x TRP = This

It was a 1250 Axis probe, with unrestricted troops, thus I could purchase fortification paraphenilia. The map was set on a foggy farmland in the morning, with medium trees.

I was quite unconfident of the battle's outcome, so I decided to go for overkill. Although my opponent controlled the plains with a pack of armored cars, the outrageous infantry casualties yeilded a minor victory for meh. smile.gif

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

It was a 1250 Axis probe, with unrestricted troops, thus I could purchase fortification paraphenilia. The map was set on a foggy farmland in the morning, with medium trees.

I was quite unconfident of the battle's outcome, so I decided to go for overkill. Although my opponent controlled the plains with a pack of armored cars, the outrageous infantry casualties yeilded a minor victory for meh. smile.gif

Bet he was shocked at that kill rate too.

Originally posted by Cos:

Bet he was shocked at that kill rate too.

Bombardment missions called on TRP's arrive without a spotting round, i.e. without any forewarning. The first volley to fall nearly destroyed an entire recon platoon.

I do not know whether this came as a surprise to him; it's a part of my personal doctrine to hammmer down with strong artillery. smile.gif

Guys,

My educated opinion is that Jelly Judder's kill screen is some sort of staged shooting gallery set up scenario. :D

I have played a lot of BO & BB, and I may be wrong, but I have never seen anything apporaching this kill score against the AI much less against a semi competent, non sleeping, non drugged human. :D

Cheers, Richard ;)

Originally posted by PiggDogg:

My educated opinion is that Jelly Judder's kill screen is some sort of staged shooting gallery set up scenario. :D

Hehe, in CMBO in the "McKinleys Battallion" operation (I think, not 100% sure) I had kills in the 500's against the AI. The AI kept pouring troops into this one little piece of woods which made it a bit easier for me :D

So I wouldnt say 288 is exactly impossible, very good though :cool:

Jelly,

I do apologize for impugning your integrity. I did not intend to do so.

However, I stated "against a semi competent, non sleeping, non drugged human". I strongly suspect that your human opponent was "not semi competent, was not non sleeping, and/or was not non drugged". :eek:

However, I might be wrong, but then, I might not be wrong. :D;)tongue.gif

If you wish, our guys could meet on the field of honor on a random BO or BB ME map of 2000 points, human or computer choose troops, random date, pbem. (richardcuccia@hotmail.com)

Both you and I must suspect that such wonderful result will probably not be replicated by you or I. However, I might be wrong. :D

Cheers, Richard :D

[ March 09, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: PiggDogg ]