Hollow Charge Oddities

Has anybody noticed the German 37 AT HC penetration- It's a freakishly high 186. Also, often when you click on enemy vehicles that aren't fully indentified- such as assault gun?- that have hollow charge, the penetration will be listed as 0. Any thoughts?

Sorry, wrong forum before. ;)

Originally posted by PantherG:

Has anybody noticed the German 37 AT HC penetration- It's a freakishly high 186. Also, often when you click on enemy vehicles that aren't fully indentified- such as assault gun?- that have hollow charge, the penetration will be listed as 0. Any thoughts?

Sorry, wrong forum before. ;)

I think I'm a very patient lurker, but now I'm fed up with your stupid threads. Stop it.

The Stielgranate-41, spigot bomb, or hollow charge round for the Pak36, gave the weapon a new lease on life.

For those that might be interested, the Stielgranate-41's velocity was only 110 m/s.

While its maximum range was 800m, its effective range was, as has already been mentioned; only 300m.

Within any of these ranges, it was capeable of penetrating 180mm of armour.

In game, if I've got a HC equipt Pak36, I try and keep them hidden until I can force a close range engagement, to maximize their chances of hitting, and therefore - perhaps - the number of targets my Pak36 can engage before it its self is knocked out.

The Stielgranate-41, was one of the smaller details that I had hoped would be added to CMBB. Needless to say, I was was quite happy to see its inclusion.

While I could be wrong here, I do believe however, that the Stielgranate-42 (for the Pak38) has been ommited from CMBB.

I haven't seen it yet - and I have been looking, but that doesn't necessarily mean its not there. ;)

I'm not too excited about the Stielgranate-42, as I simply don't have any sources detailed enough that specify how widely it was used, or how many were ever produced (and when) - thus justifying its inclusion or lack there-of respectively.

Perhaps someone else has more information on the Stielgranate-42 that might answer these questions.

For those of you who are curious, the Stielgranate-42's penetration was exactly the same as the Stielgrante-41. The projectile was simply designed to work with a 5cm weapon as opposed to a 3.7cm one.

Hope that helps smile.gif

Glad i came across this thread. As has already been mentioned, a hollow charge round fitted to the end of 37mms gave them new life. Those that watched band of brothers may remember the scene during the attack on Carenten when the Fallschrimjagers wheeled one of them into position and fired it at infantry. I have been unable to find any good info on numbers of these conversions, usage and the same of similar guns. Anyone have a good site or two?