Question about setting of arcs...

Hi,

Just a little question about arcs and armor arc in particular.

Considering a moving tank with an arc specified, is the arc « moving » with the vehicle or its two plots don’t change of position ? For example, imagine a T34 moving with an armor arc selected on its left side. During the setup of the arc, the player selected two points on the battlefield (for this example two houses). Now the tank moves about 150 meters forward. Then, are the two setup points for the arc now in the same location (the two houses), or have they moved 150 meters ?

In an other point of view, is the points of the arc have the same vector of « translation » than the tank itself ?

Please answer me !

Cheers.

Hi!

The arcs move with the unit, so if you want to cover one side the method you describe is perfect. However, the arcs don't rotate with the unit, you have to take that into consideration when doing shoot n' scoot for example. You don't want your intended target left outside the arc once you have moved your tank into position... smile.gif

Cheers!

Ok !

So, the arc is set from the tank. Distances and angles are set from the gun axe. If the tank of my example (with an armor arc set on its left) then turn 90° right, its turret will now look at the rear...? Then, if it moves 200 meters, the arc will move 200 meters. Right ?

So now, I have to calculate a bit when my panzers will shoot and scoot... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Care should be taken though. Know when to cancel an arc (I’ve had some troops get slaughtered because I failed to remove the arc). I’ve also missed an ambush when a tank rolled into my arc, but then rolled out of it just before he acquired. The troops started taking fire and didn’t launch his munitions—but it appeared as if he lost interest in the tank once it exited the arc.

Had there been a column of tanks, that would have been a good result (maybe). In this instance, I lost a chance at a kill.