e-license control panel

I have just installed the latest SC2 expansion and when I left clicked in the e-license control it did not opened.

I have read the e-license frequent Q&A and have verified that the LicCtrl Service was running, just in cased I stoped it and run it again to no avail, the eLicense Control Center application doesn't run when double clicking on it, nor do I see it listed if I double click the exes for the games.

My question is if I manually unlicense all three games (SC2, WAW & PDE) and then run the uninstaller which will remove eLicense Control from my computer, how can I reload the eLicense Control applicattion again?

Is there another easie way to solve this and get the applicattion running again.

I had two copies of WAW installed in the same PC one for V1.02 and another for V1.03, could this have something to do with the problem?

Thanks

greetings, i have same problem, some operative system application and/or security are block-ing the elince, a way is to go to "all programs", all games give an option to unlicense, you can unlicense from there and then, for reinstall elicense just run-click on "game".exe and will be prompted for license the game, for me, i am working on taking "offline licenses" for all titles and then i do not have to use 1/2 of the elicense active at no-one moment, no-one is free of a computer crash and i guess that offline licenses do not count towards the two "2" max. regular licenses, for me it is working just right now, hope it helps,

with best regards,

alarick.

Alarick thanks for your response. I have tried to activate the game with an off-line license but I have failed miserably. I was able to get the "OfflineLicenseRequest" and "license" txt files but then when trying to activate it I got error 97 (This error shows that your off-line license is incorrect or incomplete. It can also appear when you're trying to install an "off-line license" using your "license REQUEST" file. In such a case, you have to first enter your request on the www.license.net website to generate your off-line license, and use THAT file (usually called license.txt) to install the license.)

Fortunately I was able to license the game online, but now I have no clue if I have use my two licenses or just one. :confused:

Anyone knows how to verify this?, my eLicense Control application still don't works.

Damn I should be playing instead of fooling with this computer matters :mad:

Please anyone at Battlefront would mind to check how many licenses I've used :(redface.gif

Thanks Rafael

greetings, a format disk erase and delete all registry keys, etc, do not format before unlicense, for unlicense, and is a way to see what number of licenses used, do not use the shorcuts for access to the game engine, go to programs groups and seek for "battlefront-group", and each game engine, SC2, WaW and PDE have an option to "unlicense" just straight of "unistall",

added in, also in core install dir there are a .txt file named under "receipt", it list each license use as 1/2 or 2/2,

note/extra... a off-line license package is both files in the same dir, the request and the license .txt files, and then, at least for me, it works right,

hope it helps,

best regards,

alarick

Originally posted by Armuss:

Theoretically:

I off-line license my SC2,... VIRUS!!! and format disk. Reinstall Windows and all programs and SC2. My off-line license key is active?

In this situation, most likely your key will be gone. A reformat of the disk AND Windows reinstall will most likely erase the license info, and will therefore prompt you to relicense when you reinstall the game, as if you were installing on a fresh computer. You have two options to retain your license:

a) try to unlicense first before reformatting

B) contact elicense@battlefront.com, explain the situation, and we can reset the key for you on our end. There is a limit as to how often we can do this, but as long as this doesn't happen every week or so you should be fine smile.gif

Martin

Originally posted by rjh1971:

Alarick thanks for your response. I have tried to activate the game with an off-line license but I have failed miserably. I was able to get the "OfflineLicenseRequest" and "license" txt files but then when trying to activate it I got error 97 (This error shows that your off-line license is incorrect or incomplete. It can also appear when you're trying to install an "off-line license" using your "license REQUEST" file. In such a case, you have to first enter your request on the www.license.net website to generate your off-line license, and use THAT file (usually called license.txt) to install the license.)

Fortunately I was able to license the game online, but now I have no clue if I have use my two licenses or just one. :confused:

Anyone knows how to verify this?, my eLicense Control application still don't works.

Damn I should be playing instead of fooling with this computer matters :mad:

Please anyone at Battlefront would mind to check how many licenses I've used :(redface.gif

Thanks Rafael

Error 97 usually happens when you do not paste the ENTIRE license request text or license text file. ENTIRE includes the intro text, or in other words, everything that is saved out to that file. Or at least I guess that's the most common error.

If you would like to verify the status of your license(s), email us at elicense@battlefront.com and include the license key you're using.

Martin

Originally posted by rjh1971:

I have just installed the latest SC2 expansion and when I left clicked in the e-license control it did not opened.

I have read the e-license frequent Q&A and have verified that the LicCtrl Service was running, just in cased I stoped it and run it again to no avail, the eLicense Control Center application doesn't run when double clicking on it, nor do I see it listed if I double click the exes for the games.

My question is if I manually unlicense all three games (SC2, WAW & PDE) and then run the uninstaller which will remove eLicense Control from my computer, how can I reload the eLicense Control applicattion again?

Is there another easie way to solve this and get the applicattion running again.

I had two copies of WAW installed in the same PC one for V1.02 and another for V1.03, could this have something to do with the problem?

Thanks

eLicense Control is installed along with the game. You do not need to do anything specific to get it running again, even if you have manually removed it.

On some computers, the eLicense Control application does not open, that's a known issue. But you're not losing any functionality because all you can do there is unlicense existing games, and this can be done with the manual workaround you seem to have found already.

Installing the same game on the same computer more than once should not be causing any problems. AFAIK you can run any number of the same game on the same PC without restrictions.

If you have problems getting PDE to run, please email elicense@battlefront.com and we'll help you out.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

On some computers, the eLicense Control application does not open, that's a known issue. But you're not losing any functionality because all you can do there is unlicense existing games, and this can be done with the manual workaround you seem to have found already.

Installing the same game on the same computer more than once should not be causing any problems. AFAIK you can run any number of the same game on the same PC without restrictions.

If you have problems getting PDE to run, please email elicense@battlefront.com and we'll help you out.

Martin

Elicense Control application was running fine in my pc, I recently bought it and installed SC2 and WAW, using my second license (I wanted to keep the games running in the old pc since I have it outside town) it was after installing PDE when it stop working or it did before I didn't noticed until now.

I have no problems running PDE, only thing that worries me is if I might have used a license while trying to activate an off-line one, since I have not been able to activate this way off-line, I activated it again online. The reason is I want to install PDE in my old pc and that one hasn't got an internet connection where it is: a village with less than a 120 people living there.

I'm going to email elicense@battlefront.com and ask how many licenses I'm currently running for PDE, should only be one, if I have two running I can attach the txt files generated and asked them if they're ok, since then Iwould be doing something wrong. Only if I were using my two licenses I would ask for a reset of the license not being used.

Thanks for your time. Rafael