AAR (Game #3): Terif (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies), TERIF WON

zappsweden

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May 2, 1943:

2 russian armies and a corps destroyed, central mine conquered - Russia is now defending in open terrain and has not enough units to fill all gaps...increasing russian losses.

West:

Paris bombed free by allied air and a lonely US corps liberates it. Axis corps in France retreat into better supplied territories.

First german air-offensive near Brussel, US army survives barely, but a UK AF gets killed smile.gif . UK again down to 2 AFs.

USA: US air now defending their homecountry, nevertheless a US corps transport for Canada got sunk by the italian navy. Transports outside Canada. Subs still raiding.

May 30, 1943:

Russia goes aggressive again, killing a german army and a corps. Russian tank, army and corps killed as retaliation. Only 1 russian tank and 2 armies left besides some corps smile.gif .

West:

2 AFs lost in the allied counter, but the UK carriers are now pretty much damaged too, carrier in port attacked by corps...

Warspite battleship sunk in the battle near Canada. Italian sub str 1 retreats home for repairs - in case it arrives in one piece :D .

Italian troops land in Canada. Canada surrenders, Italy plunders 275 mpps smile.gif .

June 20, 1943:

Russian corps killed, army survives at str 1. Frontline: Smolensk-Kharkov-Sevastopol - a more or less straight line from north to south in open territory.

West:

The heavy airbattles continue, Allies use their damaged carriers for the airbattles, seems they are short in mpps now :D .

Italian sub found and destroyed by a UK battleship. Italian battleships sail home for repairs. US transports outside Canada, Italian hero in Canada dies in the air bombardment.

July 4, 1943:

German army lost, 2 russian armies and a corps killed in return. Breakthrough along the whole line north of Kharkov. Russia is building every turn an army or 2, so they are lacking corps now.

West:

Airbattles continue, Axis corps outflank Allies northwest of Paris to threaten 2 US AFs near Brussel.

Italian corps land in southern USA, Italian battleships at the coast - port is defended by Valiant battleship, so it will be a short journey for the italians.

Comments:

I had good tech at start in this game but I did not hold France long enough. Also, in our games not one single time was Minors delayed. Romania joined early in the games and Hungary average so Spain+gibraltar and all the MPP's were in Axis hands. Since he makes the optimum moves when he starts barbarossa, the important thing then is that Axis do not get too many MPP's. My strategy did want a delayed Spain and so a chance for UK/USA to land early, that did not happen.

Terif played almost flawless but he proved human also. I bet he regretted attacking (despite jet disadvantage) with his 5 luftwaffe in France being countered and all 5 air were wiped out.

But I made a bigger mistake. I took a risk on turn 2 and made a counter and he got good rolls taking Ardenner forrest already on turn 3. That probably made Paris and France fall earlier... earlier than I needed to succeed with my strategy.

It was a good game with many tech swings and cat & mouse play across the English channel. No one has beaten Terif when he is Axis, and still that is the case. His gesture offering these games were noble, he deserve being champ now. :cool:

[ November 24, 2004, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Avatar:

Like we didn't expect these outcomes ;)

Terif, we need to make an appointment. If anyone can challenge your axis prowess, it is I :D

The 3 Points plan for Avatar

1.) Settle your things at home (claim more time for SC ;) )

2.) Challenge first my axis prowess (ongoing game)

3.) Finally you can claim to challenge Terif

:D:D

Well, things will be settled at home, that's for sure. Fortunately/Unfortunately, things are crawling to an end with my girlfriend *sniff*. Mostly mutual, but I will be finding another place here in Leipzig shortly (probably the 1st). So, although it's mostly bad news, I can gladly say that my SC time will increase around 20 fold! And, of course, we'll finish our game first, it's nowhere near finished. I also have ongoing games with Rambo (successful spanish gambit game), Sombra (Fall Blau), and Zapp. I should try to finish those too!! One problem as well is that Deutsche Telekom charges outrageous ISDN prices (no DSL available at my gf's place). I'll be sure to find DSL availability at my next place however.

Bah you will find another girlfriend --> hey you are a nice guy and also doing some of the housework etc....girls love such guys :D

If someone is not accepting what you wanna do in your spare time and there is no way to find a compromise it´s not worth it.

Good luck Avatar and dont be sad. ;)

I'm not as sad as I am dissappointed. Believe it or not, part of our 'disagreements' were about the housework. She's like my mother. Look, I understand that the dishes have to be done, trash taken out, floors washed, etc, but when you start acting like my mother instead of my lover, passions start to wane. I'm not a pig by any means, but I choose as well not to be a neat-freak. I prefer being laid-back, and she's the type who always needs something 'productive' to do. It's a serious difference in personalities. Tough part is that part of me still loves her, but another part of me can't live with her anymore. I came to Germany for the girl dammit!! Whatever. There are other fish in the sea. As a matter of fact, there's a really cute blonde in the office who's flirting with me :D

I can feel with you, if there is nothing left you had once with her in common its time to finish this one. Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende ....i think you understand what i say ;) Translation should be somthing like this....better a horror with an end but an endless horror..... ;):D

And ....go fo this blonde one. :D

Avatar this is really hard if you especially moved to Germany for your girlfriend.

Having first a relationship at distance and suddenly living together is most of the times very difficult for the relationship.

Perhaps with a little distance things work out again.