AAR (Game #3): Terif (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies), TERIF WON

zappsweden

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September 15, 1940:

Vichy converted. Some UK battleship made a try to intercept - 2 of them got damaged to str 6, an italian battleship also str 6, sub str 5. Italian navy retreats after the invasion - task to protect the invasion fleet successful.

October 13, 1940:

- Norway converted.

- 3 UK carrier kill an italian corps near Algier.

- Brest under attack, port reduced to 2. No escape for the canadian army str 4. Two UK AFs intercepting - UK built a third AF.

- Alexandria under attack from both sides.

May 11, 1941:

- Yugoslavian units retreat to the coast and leave their capital, Yugoslavia surrenders without a fight

- Spain surrenders

- The damaged UK corps lands after the UK air reduced the port to 0. Was obviously necessary to prevent their own men from fleeing immediately. Now they can only stay and die :D

- 5 german AFs move in range of Brest, army and corps go into position to reconquer Brest.

August 31, 1941:

Huge air and sea battle around Brest. Allied transport near the city protected by several battleships and 3 carriers. UK AFs attack german AFs directly across the channel. German air retaliates and kill a UK airfleet with direct hits. Carriers damaged during intercepts.

Italian fleet goes simultaneously in the offensive killing a UK battleship during the fights. US army transport damaged. Germany operates several additional AFs to Brest.

At the end of the turn - after the big battle - Germany finally reaches lv 1 jets.

September 1941:

One UK air and one UK Battleship was killed.

Last turn Axis moved alot of air near Brest but they were still on L0. I was just about to land with Eisenhower and reinforce my remaining 4 air fleets combined with my 3 carriers to shoot them off one by one when suddenlt... Germany reached L1 jets. DAMN!

I just have to back off now because they have larger numbers.

Anyway, I counter with my navy and sink 2 Italian ships west of Brest. Retaliation expected by Luftwaffe.

[ November 23, 2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

September 21, 1941:

Yep - Luftwaffe retaliates and sinks together with an italian sub another UK battleship. Some other ships are damaged.

Allied airfleets, carriers and transports retreat to the north - Montgomery has to operate to avoid destruction.

USA built a third AF.

November 16, 1941:

Barbarossa starts...

All 9 russian border armies killed or cut off. 2 tanks, 1 cruiser, 1 AF destroyed.

6 german tanks, 8 armies, 8 corps and 3 AFs enter the country.

- Portugal + Iraq: capital surounded

- Greece: capital conquered, Greece continues fighting.

- Germany reaches lv 2 jets at the end of the turn

December 14, 1941:

Same procedure as every game with Zapp...he buys a lot of tanks (9 in spotting range) + armies around Kiev, will sacrifice them in the following turns and then surrender... Tanks in Riga + Minsk.

German forces destroy 2 new russian corps and clear the rear area from survivors of the first strike. Odessa conquered in the process. A russian corps near Kiev survives at str 1.

Portugal, Greece and Iraq surrender

West: everything´s quiet

February 8, 1942:

Russia attacks aggressively like expected. One german tank lost.

Axis kills 2 russian tanks a corps as retaliation.

Riga under attack, but survives.

Russia already developed anti-tank lv 1 - Axis wants also such scientists :D ...no research advances for axis except the 2 jet levels