Know need for game, demo good enough!

waltero

I have had alot of fun with the demo.

the only reason I can see to having the full game is as a multi-player game.

What is it?

am I the only one to kick the britts ass?

I played the demo a bazillion times, Always messing around with every one else exept britian.

was having alot of fun.

then for the first time I started messing around with the britt island,and kicked there butts!

It is my idea that if britian falls the game is over? germans will win.

game is good for a demo, but as a real game vs human playrs hmm, have to do alot better than that.

What are you some sort of moron? :confused: You cant destroy Britain, you cant kill Russia. You barely have 1 year to do stuff. You cant be serious "know need for game." :mad: :mad:

What are you ON?!?!?! I get frustrated with the demo time after time, cause I can never have enough time to take over England OR Russia, and I barely have enough time to take over France, Switzerland, Vichy France, Sweden, and Yugoslavia, on the normal difficulty setting.

If you play long enough you keep getting closer and closer.

the fact that you never get Britian is becouse the game ends.

But a guy can see the over all outcome.

Like I said I have taken the island of britain!

I am in a remote place in Alaska lots of time to play.

I cant see a balanced two player game on the format of this demo.

there is know real Exploitation that I can see.

I played the game alot and like I said the only two times I tried to invade I had great success!

And that was not just britain!

As for my question, Am I the only one to take britian?

here is how I went about taking it, you can try if you like.

I declare war on spain first turn.

britian sent all here ground forces to mainland, including HQ.

I think there was only one inf in london.

fighter in manchester bomber next to it.

and the rest is history!

maybe britain will never die but the island sure can!

I am not sure but by the time the game ended I thought I seen german collect 459 mpp.

playing the demo I just get closer and closer to victory knowing the coputers short commings.

Originally posted by Delta:

What are you ON?!?!?! I get frustrated with the demo time after time, cause I can never have enough time to take over England OR Russia, and I barely have enough time to take over France, Switzerland, Vichy France, Sweden, and Yugoslavia, on the normal difficulty setting.

I routinely get Sweden, France, Vichy and England in the demo - getting Ireland is a bonus.

I tend to set up to hold Russia at the border until Britain has surrendered and am busy redeploying for Barbarossa when the demo ends.

I think you need to be looking at buying more air fleets, they are the key to getting cities - bash the entrenchment down with air fleets and then damage (or destroy) the defender with air fleets before the ground troops attack.

[ July 02, 2002, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: husky65 ]

While I don't agree the demo is enough, I have taken Britain. By purchasing almost nothing besides air fleets, I invaded Britain in december by temporarily blocking off the English channel with my navy and rushing HQ's and tanks and Armies over. I took Manchester and ended the game in March. In fact, Spain JOINED me when I captures London.

[ July 02, 2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: dasreich ]

What is it?

am I the only one to kick the britts ass?

Keep in mind that this is a single campaign from the final version and the Fall Gelb (Demo) campaign puts you in the prime position that the German war machine was in around May 10, 1940. Starting in 1939 with Fall Weiss will be a different story and could be tougher to gain control of all the territory that Germany has by Fall Gelb May 10th, 1940 and be set up militarily as it was for the invasion of the Low Countries and France.

I think the problem for the most part has been that as you've said, you have played the demo a bazillion times and have found many of the exploitable weaknesses that could be found in the single demo campaign year available, and this has actually been noted by others and overall a good thing in my opinion. As a result expect tweaks to Sweden, Turkey, Russia, Switzerland, USA, Italy etc. for the final version that will make the game more interesting but still follow in line with my original design that the game plays well for the full war and cannot really be seen alone from the demo campaign year, but should be enough to give you the general idea.

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

"I think the problem for the most part has been that as you've said, you have played the demo a bazillion times and have found many of the exploitable weaknesses that could be found"

I agree and the answer is to release an updated demo, followed by the full game.

(its worth a shot).

Originally posted by Straha:

I agree, too, but the answer IMO is just to release the game this week as scheduled. smile.gif

Straha

Amen brother!

waltero, sorry you get bored so easily. I think the rest of us have higher expectations for over all game playability.

Besides, it's only $25 friggen dollars!

Enjoy!

Aloid (sleepy)

[ July 03, 2002, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: Aloid ]