Rocket units

Kuniworth

Well hell guys, they weren't worth a whole lot in real life either. We can't complain too much when they conform to realistic expectations. :D

I suppose they could be very useful once you get to level 5 rockets, but who is actually going to have that much time to devote in anything other than a REEAAALLY gamey round against the AI?

Fully agreed to delete rocket units from the game. These obviously cannot represent Katyusha-type MRLS, which are part of an improved rifle unit I suppose, but instead represent the German V weapons which attacked Britain. Well, since they had so very little real impact in the war, I agree that the rockets are not even worth having in the game. Still, the game is great overall.

Rockets are one of my favorite Wonder Weapons in the game.

Make sure u bring up the tech and they are one-shot wonders.

How to use them u ask, well here are some tips,

Early on as Germany u can hit the port of London.

but i don't advise it. To hard to protect from air and sea attacks.

When your tech goes up, and it will if you apply some tech points, the city of London can be targeted, from a safer position, then it just gets better as tech rises.

Some may think this is a waste putting tech into rockets, i say phooy tongue.gif !Tech choices are there and rockets stay on my menu of weapons.

You just gotta protect them with defensive air and offensive bombing of fleets if u deploy on the coast.

Biggest advantage, no return fire.

Biggest disadvantage, Weakest defense if attacked.

Remember they are Wonder Weapons, not everyone has the imagination to use them effectivly :D

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

They sure as hell help out the americans in my 1962 campaign. Theyre the only thing keeping turkey away form soviet occupation.

Ironic, as the Americans can't shift any rockets

from home to the front, but they can start the

game with rockets at the front (how did they get

there again? Teleportation? tongue.gif ). Kinda like

Finland, whose units start at strength ten but

can't be reinforced past eight...

JD

If Rockets had more characteristics indicative of artillery then we would have a new important strategic varient for SC. This is an easy fix and totally within the current SC code. No longer would air fleets be the only medium for creating gaps in continuous defenses.

Bringing maximum attack power to a narrow front line in a defensiv hold the line position, rockets can be useful, because they do not suffer like airfleets. That keeps them cheap. In higher levels they rock like hell.

They must remain in the game under all circumstances!!!

Rockets are and should be used) similar to strategic bombers - and artillery isn't that included in the armys and corps at a strategic level? The trouble at the strategic level of SC is that many plays as if it were tactical units... The answer to rockets are to make them even more efficient and a lot more expensive to reflect the reality of them and the research of WWII which eventually lead the russians to launch sputnik and the americans to land a man on the moon.

A historic viewpoint...

Hans