AAR, RYDER CUP : Zappsweden vs Rambo

zappsweden

Turn 3:

Allies sent UK corps to hex Northeast of LC last turn. Germany wipe the corps out plus Denmark and Poland surrender.

Italy will join next turn. DAMN, I should have moved the algeria corps to Marseilles last turn. Now there will be a gap in south France that enable Germany moving through.

Okay, I've been busy playing the game to post. I got Axis with the 175.

Turn #1 September 1939 ---

- Polish front gives me a big headache! I get pissed & send both Panzers & a Luftwaffen to force my way to Warsaw for the breakthru. This will hurt my LC chances on turn #2.

- Denmark pinged.

- Subs raid.

October 1939 (axis turn #2)---

- Warsaw taken, but they don't surrender

- NO ATTACK on Low Countries. I only have 1-Army, 2-LF & a bunch of Corps. Forget it.

- Ground, Air, & Naval hit Denmark, destorying their only defender. I will get Denmark on turn #3, this is good.

- Subs run

Allies surrender. My lines broke too early. Rambo set the tone of the game to HIGH STAKES when he ignored LC. My mistakes was I still dow Ireland on turn 1, meant Italy joined before I could close the mountain. Those extra corps would have been valuable in LC to free up my French armies from Maginot.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

October 1939 (axis turn #2)---

- Warsaw taken, but they don't surrender

- NO ATTACK on Low Countries. I only have 1-Army, 2-LF & a bunch of Corps. Forget it.

- Ground, Air, & Naval hit Denmark, destorying their only defender. I will get Denmark on turn #3, this is good.

- Subs run

LOL.

Rambo u still on October 1939?

I am on Spring 1940.

Rambo wins by First Round Knockout!

This game was sooooo intense, I didn't even have time to post in AAR. I had to watch EVER little move due to LC-gambit smile.gif

Zapp & I have been battling in SC for 2-years, he's tough. But my successful crossing of the Rhine, Italian Naval Victory, & proper Luftwaffen operations looked like this smile.gif

MURRAY.jpg

When my punch lands, you're done smile.gif

Summary of following turns:

turn #3 --- Zapp had just taken LC on his turn #2, so I decided to increase Italian readiness. All my power pieces attacked the British Corp N.E. of Brussells, I got the kill. German Corp moves beside Brusells & attacked to get the attention of the Italians. More corps are sacrifice at the M-Line to help the readiness, it had to increase!

Poles thankfully surrendered, this was HUGE. Denmark also surrendered. Subs were dead in Northwest corner the board.

turn #4 --- Italy joined on my half of the turn. The best news was the highly coordinated attack across the Rhine. German Panzer took the highground SouthWest of Brussells.

German Navy steamed to the action. UK ship was pinging my units on the Northern Coast. Das Boot plugged him with a fat Torpedo, 6-damage & while only taken 2-hits himself. My surface ships finished the jobs, protecting Nazi ground forces from shore bombardment.

turn #5 --- More ground taken SouthWest of Brussells. Luftwaffen & Panzer killed the Canadian Army.

turn #6 --- Build of forces in Marseilles cause the UK to live dangerously. Italian Navy engages, sinks 1-carriers & 2-ships. I lost no ships, but did take heavy damage. German Corp lands in SouthWest France behind Marseills, he hides out in the mountains for later use, I play in conservately with him.

turn #7 --- The big punch! Brussells is hit from 3-sides & Luftwaffen. The damn RAF was causing me pain, but Nazis troops storm into Brussells.

Axis forces carefully take Greece, this will help the German cash situation. Good managment allowed this.

March 1940 --- Axis accept Allie surrender. Axis hadn't lost much of anything, while the that couldn't be said the other way around. Readiness levels with USA/Russia in my favor, Royal Navy with losses.

This was all Legend. What I did, I did for my country.

and they crowed chanted,"USA, USA, USA, USA..."

and the congragation said,"Amen".

Legend from Boise & Champ of the World >>>> OUT

Rookies, Why is the game over this quick? Easy.....

If you haven't played me, you don't know how bad it can get & quickly smile.gif

Royal Navy: Missing 3-ships & 1-Carrier. Germany Navy: no damage worth mentioning Italian Navy: damaged, but alive

French Army: Trashed, 3-Armies dead, no frontline left.

German Army: No losses, very healthy indeed. Elbow taken, Brussells headcracked about LC-Gambit, Bridgehead over the Rhine, France is "kaput" in May 1940 at the latest. Nothing but a killing machine.

Italian Army: Helped with Greece, filling in gaps elsewhere very nicely.

RAF: had to be heavily damaged, they were intercepting everyturn. thus, no experience & blowing cash.

Luftwaffen: Performed excellently. 4-units being used, 2 for attacking while the other 2 reinforced. Good management.

More facts:

1) Readiness levels. Since the Allied LC-gambit, the readiness levels reversed. German now has all the time in the world.

2) Damage, none for me, lots for him.

3) France falls May 1940 very easily.

Once the game is in the situation, I bring in my "Closer".

smoltz%20ball%20in%20flight.jpg

John Smoltz, top closer in Major League in the last couple of years.