NO TCP/IP? OMG AND LOTS OF PROBLEMS

mincks

I REALLY DON'T THINK A RATING OF 2.0 OUT OF A POSSIBLE 10 IS TO LOW FOR THIS GAME. I HAVE TRIED PBEM AND IS RIDICULIOUSELY SLOW, CHEATING IS EASY AS 1234, THE AI WITH OUT CHEATING SUCKS! AND IF YOU PICK A DIFFICULTY LIKE EXPERT THE COMPUTER WILL CHANGE ALL THE GAME CALCULATION TO MAKE EVEYTHING AGINST YOU.

OK SO A GAME THAT f##KING SUCKS AS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME SHOULD EXCEL IN MULTIPLAYER RIGHT??

THATS TRUE WITH MOST GAMES SUCH AS RISK 2

AXIS VS ALLIE, AGE OF EMPIRE, PANZER GENERAL SCORCHED EARTH, AND MANY MANY MORE, BUT HERE WE HAVE A GAME THATS CALLED STRAIGIC COMMAND WHY IN HELL DOES IT NOT HAVE TCP/IP OR NETWORK? I MEAN HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO HAVE TCP/IP OR NETWORK?

TO SUM IT UP HERE ARE THE PROBLEM WITH STRAGIC COMMAND

1. AI CHEAT WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT?

2. SINGLE PLAYER GET REALLY BORRING AFTER LIKE 2 HOURS.

3. PBEM IS LIKE F%%KING STONE AGE WTF

4. I HAVE A 2,5 PENTIUM 4 PROCESSOR GEFORCE 4 GRAPHIC CARD AND THE GAME STILL CRASHS WTF?

5. THE GAME IS ONLY 40 MEG BIT AND THE REST 70MEG BIT ARE DEMOS. NOW WHY THE f%%KING WOULD I WANT TO PAY 20$ FOR SOME F%%KING DEMO THAT I COULD DOWNLOAD FOR FREE? EVEN WITHOUT THE 70MEG BIT A 40 MEG BIT GAME FOR 30$ WTF?

6. IT TAKES 5 DAYS FOR ME TO GET THE GAME MOST GAMES ONLY TAKE ME 1OR2 DAYS IF I ORDER BY MAIL WTF?

7. AND THE LAST MY 30 DOLLARS I GUESS 50% ARE TAKEN BY THE DEVELOPER 50% ARE GONE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOME OTHER GAME SUCH AS COMBAT COMMAND!

TO SUM IT UP I PAYED 30$ FOR A GAME THAT SHOULD COST ONLY 3$

Originally posted by mincks:

OMG!!! A BUNCH OF UNNECESSARILY CAPITALIZED CRAP! WTF!!!

You're right. You should have saved the money to buy a new keyboard or at least get that CAPS LOCK key fixed or somefink.

WTF!!!

[ August 16, 2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Well...1st he complains that the game is too hard, and he compare this game with such as Risk, Age of Empire and Axis and Allies. He cant beat the game because it cheats. It gets boring after 2 hours of play. Me thinks we here have a very good example the "Twitch crowd" here.

There are no big tanks, No hordes of infantry dying - spraying blood, No rushing possible at all.......BFC plz fix or do somefink :D

mincks must be a plant from another game developer. His arguments are too shallow for anyone who doesn't have an alterior motive...

Perhaps I'm wrong... if so, then I fear for the human race... or atleast the circle of humanity that comes in contact with mincks...

Aloid

Originally posted by HolzemFrumFloppen:

The first post in this thread is perhaps the greatest argument for birth control I've ever seen.

The above statement is not for the humor-challenged. :D

hAHAHAHA

I think we have a proffesional basher here.

Ive played wargames for years and consider myself a seaoned player.

I find the game is really good and exciting,I guess if he took the time to look abit deeper he my see abit more science into it.As far as playing people that cheat i reckon like people attract like people.

I really think this guy has a problem with the outside world in general if one would go to that trouble to post what he posted the way he posted on a game he dont like well.

Some people just dont appreciate a good wine if they dont know what to look for.

Mincks,

I have read all your posts and at this point all I can say is that if you don't like the game, then don't play it. We pride outselves on listening to customer comments but not when they are delivered in such a brash and rude manner.

You don't have to YELL to be heard here! If you want to post some CONSRUCTIVE critism of the game then that would be fine but if you continue to post in the manner I have seen so far you can rest assured that your time here will come to an end very quickly.

Contrary to what you may think, we are very interested in hearing what you, as a customer, has to say, but not if you can't take the time to act in a mature and adult way.

Now, to address your questions.

#1 No the AI doesnt cheat, it just knows to get the best of its units and resources. If you think it cheats perhaps some proof would be good.

#2 Thats your opinion. The majority of other people would disagree and say that gameplay is rather addicting, even after several days of play.

#3 Care to give some more insite on what you don't like about PBEM? It is the nature of a PBEM system that it is slow. A TCP/IP patch will be released in the future for free.

#4 Are you playing the demo or the full version? Have you posted to the tech support forum with a full description of your crash issues?

#5 I have no clue to what you mean here. Your not paying for space on the CD, your paying for a quality game and if that can be done in 40 megs then quit your bitching and enjoy it!

#6 Shipping times depend on where you live. We ship via USPS Prioroty mail in order to keep costs down for YOU, the customer. I am sure you can get faster delivery elsewhere but it would probably come at a steeper cost.

#7 You have no clue as to how the monies are distributed nor is that relevant. We intend to support Strategic Command as long the market demands.

In reply to your summation: Grow up child and think before you lay out your peepee for me to step on.

Madmatt

[ August 16, 2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

1. I actually don't care if the AI cheats (and I'm not saying that it does). I care how it cheats (it shouldn't spoil general play), but anything to help the AI should be a good thing.

2. I've had the demo for a week, been playing 4 hours a day, and absolutely love it!

3. Haven't tried pbem.

4. Read the Troubleshooting Guide. In a game which has just been released, bugs are inevitable. Notice that Hubert the developer has already released a few patches.

5. Yeah, like the price of a game should be in proportion to the number of MB. :rolleyes: I, for one, am happy that the game takes up little space on my hard drive.

6. Oh well, a couple of days extra wait. Big deal.

7. I don't care what they do with the money I'll give them. They could use it to promote a stupid cult like Scientology for all I care.

I was tryyyyyyyyyying to be nice earlier, after all he is not a native English speaking person.

But this thread is the most hehe.

Either he is only 12 and needs to wait till his brain catches up to his fingers, or somehow he has been lying to us about all his other games, and he is really an obtuse moron, and probably doesn't have a clue what we are saying let alone what he is saying.

mincks, congradulations, you are the stuuuuuuupidest person I have encountered online in 10 years.

Originally posted by mincks:

5. THE GAME IS ONLY 40 MEG BIT AND THE REST 70MEG BIT ARE DEMOS. NOW WHY THE f%%KING WOULD I WANT TO PAY 20$ FOR SOME F%%KING DEMO THAT I COULD DOWNLOAD FOR FREE? EVEN WITHOUT THE 70MEG BIT A 40 MEG BIT GAME FOR 30$ WTF?

The above shows why many computer gamers need to be kicked to death by enraged mules (purely as a service to mankind), you give them a huge, intricate and detailed program and they whine about bloatware - you give them small, elegant and abstracted and they moan about simplistic.

Would you have been happier if Battlefront had put in a 2 gig FMV intro requiring a DVD or several CDs to install? - the funny thing is, I suspect you would, and you don't see why we all think that's funny!

I could do a point by point refutation, but its already been done, I'd just be putting the boot into a moron when he's down (however I do enjoy that sort of thing so I won't entirely rule out doing it later..)

Okay, the horse has been kicked enough and its obviously dead.

If the guy is a legitimate customer (which I kinda doubt) and the game is crashing then I will work with him to get it performing correctly. As to everything else he said, well we all have bad days. Lets see what he has to say in his next post.

Madmatt